What would you have done

mrbill

Last night between rounds at a tournament I had something happen that made me wish I could come up with a witty remark.

There were 3 of us at a $5 table. I was essentially 3rd base. The middle guy was playing 2 hands. I got 3 BJ's in a row. Next bet I pushed out $25 with a $10 tip and asked the dealer if she could make it 4. She just smiled. While I was doing that number 2 picked up and moved his 2 hands to the other side of me, moving me from the 4th hand to the 2nd hand.

The dealer dealt and as she dealt the second card on hand 4, she looked at me and said "I guess I could've".

Yes, the bozo that jumped around me got a BJ on what should've been my hand. I was so ticked I don't even remember what I had. I just remember I lost. I glanced at the bozo and he didn't even acknowledge the fact.

I didn't say anything but really wish I would've. I also wish I would've been quicker and asked him to stay where he was for that hand instead of moving.

What would others have done?

Mikeaber

bjs

I posted my reply on the Tournament board...but forgot to ask: Did you win the hand with the $25 bet out there?

mrbill said:
Last night between rounds at a tournament I had something happen that made me wish I could come up with a witty remark.

There were 3 of us at a $5 table. I was essentially 3rd base. The middle guy was playing 2 hands. I got 3 BJ's in a row. Next bet I pushed out $25 with a $10 tip and asked the dealer if she could make it 4. She just smiled. While I was doing that number 2 picked up and moved his 2 hands to the other side of me, moving me from the 4th hand to the 2nd hand.

The dealer dealt and as she dealt the second card on hand 4, she looked at me and said "I guess I could've".

Yes, the bozo that jumped around me got a BJ on what should've been my hand. I was so ticked I don't even remember what I had. I just remember I lost. I glanced at the bozo and he didn't even acknowledge the fact.

I didn't say anything but really wish I would've. I also wish I would've been quicker and asked him to stay where he was for that hand instead of moving.

What would others have done?

Mikeaber

Oops

Damn! That burns!!!

That "second spot" incident I was telling you about? I was down and needed to leave to get ready for the trip to the airport. 3:30am. 93 beers behind me and a short stack of chips. I put $100 on the third base spot. I put $100 out on the spot next to it. The cards were falling pretty even but I had been winning or breaking even on the two spot bets (win one loose the other). I was dealt a 14 on spot 1 and an eleven on the second spot. Dealer was showing a 4 so I was very confident in doubling the eleven for the full amount. To make a long story short, the dealer took 6 cards and hit 21. My double down eleven turned into 13.

Why the hell didn't that guy stay there rather than leave and open the spot up for me?

mrbill said:
Nope, I got a 15 against a dealer 9. Busted.

me too

I've had that happen too, I all ways pull my bet back and sit out a few hands. It might not help any, but it makes me feel better!!! :devil:

What i usually do when someone does that to me is, after i play as crazy as possible like standing on 10's vrs. a 6, and splitting 10's vrs. a dealer's 6. Usually the person that offended you get's so ticked off he leaves the table.