Votes: 2 11.1%

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Full Kelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

daniel27

Clearly there is no a correct answer for what proportion of Kelly should a AP use, but i think the experience of the players of this site will illuminate at the new ones, and in this way we will see how risky we are.
thanks for your comments
Daniel

daddybo

Kelly? Oh Kelly! That sweet thing that looked like Sharon Stone playing first base the other night!

Yep, Full Kelly. :)

Martin Gayle

Depending on how the advantage is gained, counting, shuffle tracking, etc the variance changes and therefore the Element of Risk changes and a good player would relate that to his/her bets.

Also, Kelly betting should have a practical relation to the BR not only a theortical one. Someone with a $1mil BR would not be able to get away with a full kelly bet in almost all venues due to table max, even if they could stomach the risk.

But this is an interesting poll nonetheless. I am a proponent of the half-Kelly approach while counting using Zen on 6 or 8 deck games. And my vote in the poll may reflect that!!

MG

rrwoods

My ideal would be half-Kelly if I were to actually play regularly, and this is what I voted. Truth be told I'm probably overbetting my bankroll (roll is ~200 units right now), but it's all losable and all replenishable, and I rarely get the chance to actually play.

rukus

i play 0.4-0.5 most of the time as i am more a part-time. TRUST me, 0.5 is still a roller coaster ride. 0.25 - 0.3 probably ideal for someone looking to make money while limiting roller coaster ride (there is still plenty of variance, dont worry :devil:) and playing on a more limited/hard to replenish BR.

that said, you always need to weigh your ROR against your hourly wage to make it worthwhile for you to play... whats the point of playing with a 0.5% ROR if you are making $4.73 an hour.