Surrender hard 4,5,6

Dopple

Anyone want to get me up to speed on surrendering these hard totals vs 9,10,A. And BTW: I dont see why UAPC has you surrender a 77 v 10 @ 0 but any other 14 is @ 4. Same with the 88 vs. 10 @ 3 instead of -2 for the generic 16.

I could see how it may factor in one sd or dd maybe but on a six deck shoe?

I just dont get the math on this and it ticks me off.

SleightOfHand

Dopple said:
Anyone want to get me up to speed on surrendering these hard totals vs 9,10,A. And BTW: I dont see why UAPC has you surrender a 77 v 10 @ 0 but any other 14 is @ 4. Same with the 88 vs. 10 @ 3 instead of -2 for the generic 16.

The count would have to be pretty freakin' high to surrender small totals. You get plenty of opportunities to improve your hand (getting a 5,6,7 for example), so unless you have rules like early surrender vs ace, you aren't going to be surrendering these hands.

As far as surrendering 77vX, unless its a SD game, im not sure why the index is 0. But the point in surrendering 7,7 v X is because we already know that 2 of the most valueble cards for us are removed. The hitting another 7 will give us 21, but since those are gone, we lost that opportunity, meaning that we are more likely to surrender.

8,8 is different because it is a horrible total (16) but you have the option to make them into 2 single 8's which is not as bad as the 16, meaning the index will be higher than usual.

Dopple

Dopple said:

There are times when you will surrender those hands, but it is rare, very rare.

Mostly it will involve HC'ing or an astronomical count in the FA. I have done it on a very few situations.

CP