Downstacking after wins

Dopple

I have been using the practice of never taking down your stack after a win. I am finding that it does not really seems to hurt that bad and that often times I will get a couple extra wins on lower or negative counts with more up than I would have bet according to a precise formula.

Constantly taking down the stack after wins, even if only four chips to two, makes you look petty in my opinion. Occasionally however if I have a real big bet out and the count just tanks in DD I will pull back but try to limit that action.

I dont think it hurts too bad after payoff to swipe a couple of the lower denominations away if you have mixed color. (chips)

Although it is another topic I think I am going to get away from precise play and vary things up a little instead of 4 - 4 unit bets go 2,6,2,6.

shadroch

Look petty to who?
Even the best counters have so little an edge, they can't afford to leave bets out just so they don't look petty.

PrinceDragon

it does not really seems to hurt that bad and that often times I will get a couple extra wins on lower or negative counts with more up than I would have bet according to a precise formula.
Selective memory & short term variant.

You do not have a big advantage to start with,why give it away.

moo321