DD profit vs. 6D

Dopple

Hope yall dont mind all the posts but the game is on my mind alot and I am a knowlege junkie. I dont know if any studies have been done but I bet this one is pretty simple. Aside from the edge in DD I would think for AP players DD would have a much better profit margin if played exactly like a 6D as far as conforming to index plays and betting ramps.

I dont think you could say; okay instead of 1% EV you have 1.2%EV with DD by virtue of the edge differential (data approx). There would in my guess; be a much more significant advantage to the DD game because it is always refreshing itself and providing more chances to attack. The 6D game can go very positive and then hopefully gently leak out the high cards in a steady flow to give you a sometimes very healthy return but it is a much more stagnant creature by nature.

SleightOfHand

Dopple said:
Hope yall dont mind all the posts but the game is on my mind alot and I am a knowlege junkie. I dont know if any studies have been done but I bet this one is pretty simple. Aside from the edge in DD I would think for AP players DD would have a much better profit margin if played exactly like a 6D as far as conforming to index plays and betting ramps.

I dont think you could say; okay instead of 1% EV you have 1.2%EV with DD by virtue of the edge differential (data approx). There would in my guess; be a much more significant advantage to the DD game because it is always refreshing itself and providing more chances to attack. The 6D game can go very positive and then hopefully gently leak out the high cards in a steady flow to give you a sometimes very healthy return but it is a much more stagnant creature by nature.
You are indeed correct. While there is in fact a lower house edge in the DD game (assuming same rules, which is not always the case), there is another factor at play. The TC frequencies in DD games are much more volatile, and therefore with the same spread, the DD game will be FAR superior to that of the 6D. However, the PCs are also wary of this and therefore are less tolerant to a big spread in the DD game. Therefore, a smaller spread is generally used (which still yields strong results). This smaller spread in conjunction with higher TC frequencies means that strong index plays are also a larger factor in the advantage of this game, which is why systems with bigger PEs are more desireable.

Last edited:

Dopple

Thanks for the great response, I appreciate it and it seems to make sense.

Just using those index plays seems to keep you sharper too. You get alot of borderline calls that have to be made but when you are correct you can almost feel it.

Good variance to you.

Problem

SleightOfHand said:
You are indeed correct. While there is in fact a lower house edge in the DD game (assuming same rules, which is not always the case), there is another factor at play. The TC frequencies in DD games are much more volatile, and therefore with the same spread, the DD game will be FAR superior to that of the 6D. However, the PCs are also wary of this and therefore are less tolerant to a big spread in the DD game. Therefore, a smaller spread is generally used (which still yields strong results). This smaller spread in conjunction with higher TC frequencies means that strong index plays are also a larger factor in the advantage of this game, which is why systems with bigger PEs are more desireable.

Find a DD that has the same fine rules of a 6d and then have the fine other thing. Pretty darn hard!!

CP