Basic Strategy Index play on high counts

Ok, Using Hi-Low
I know Basic Strategy is to be followed %100 unless playing an index play. I understand that Basic Strategy is Mathematically important but…..

A high count means more high cards are left in the deck. A low count means more low cards are left. SO why would you want to hit a 15 vs a dealers 7 up card on a high count (+10 or more). I KNOW the probability of a ten is high (17) but the probability of getting a 10 is high for me as well , (25 busting). I have heard “die trying” but…..

Why not stay and hope (I know ?hope?) for a dealer bust?

At what high count would you try this? (+5 hell no). But +20?????

Thank you for your answers.

johndoe

Because you're more likely to win by hitting than by standing. It's a crappy hand either way, but by hitting your odds are better.

I don't think any positive count would ever justify standing 15v7. Maybe eventually you'd surrender it if the count were absurdly high. But this is so rare it's not worth worrying about.

Renzey

icetrey said:
Why would you want to hit a 15 vs a dealers 7 up card on a high count (+10 or more). Why not stay and hope (I know ?hope?) for a dealer bust? At what high count would you try this? (+5 hell no). But +20?????
Both Stanford Wong's and Julian Braun's index numbers for standing with 15 vs. 7 using the Hi/Lo Count are +10 true.