Beginner Questions

I just started counting cards about a week ago and i have no problem keeping count at the tables and im just learning the indices for hi/lo. i was jusstt seeing if any of you know if it is profitable to count cards using hi/ lo or is there a better system to use, and also if your good at counting how hard is it to make some decent money. Also i started counting the fives and aces in the deck and i dont have trouble with that either, does that help your odds much and how should i use that information to bet?:cool2:

kewljason

sevenfour47 said:
I just started counting cards about a week ago and i have no problem keeping count at the tables and im just learning the indices for hi/lo. i was jusstt seeing if any of you know if it is profitable to count cards using hi/ lo or is there a better system to use, and also if your good at counting how hard is it to make some decent money. Also i started counting the fives and aces in the deck and i dont have trouble with that either, does that help your odds much and how should i use that information to bet?:cool2: by the way im reading beat the dealer, is that a good book what are some better ones>?
Check out Modern Blackjack. You can read it free of charge, courtesy of the author http://qfit.com/book/index.htm It is easy to read and covers a wide range of topics concerning today's games and what it takes to win. But be sure and check out his site as well.

I know others will disagree and have many other additions, but for my money Blackjack Attack and Professional Blackjack are near the top of my blackjack library in value. Beat the Dealer is an interesting read from a historical viewpoint, but really has little value for todays game. Does contain some great stories though. :)

Martin Gayle

sevenfour47 said:
I just started counting cards about a week ago and i have no problem keeping count at the tables and im just learning the indices for hi/lo. i was jusstt seeing if any of you know if it is profitable to count cards using hi/ lo or is there a better system to use, and also if your good at counting how hard is it to make some decent money. Also i started counting the fives and aces in the deck and i dont have trouble with that either, does that help your odds much and how should i use that information to bet?:cool2:
Lots of questions, I will try to anwser them..

You can get stinking rich using hi/lo but probably won't.

There are many, many better systems than hi-lo and you can get stinking rich using them but probably won't.

If you are good at counting it is hard to make some decent money.

Counting the Aces and fives is good but it doesn't change the odds and I doubt that any on this fourm can tell you how to use Hi-Lo with a ace/five side count.

If you post the rules, penetration, bet spread and bank roll you may get some better advice.

The best advice is get ahold of some of the books listed above in this thread, and read them.