betting amounts

If I played a 1 to 25 limit table would that be a high enough limit to make a few dollars counting cards efficiently and also if i played 2 hands at those limits would that increase my potential profits? how does playing 2 hands affect the odds and such? how much could my potential profit be per hour>?

Dopple

From my understanding of the game a decent counter can make about 1 or two of him minimum bets per hour, if you can get away with a 1-25 spread it could be better I believe. Spreading to two hands is supposed to lessen your up and down swings if I am correct.

The better players may post on this with more info but I wanted to try and help a little.

Sonny

sevenfour47 said:
If I played a 1 to 25 limit table would that be a high enough limit to make a few dollars counting cards efficiently
Sure, maybe $2-$3 per hour.

sevenfour47 said:
and also if i played 2 hands at those limits would that increase my potential profits?
Yes, it would double your profit.

sevenfour47 said:
how does playing 2 hands affect the odds and such?
From the Frequently Asked Questions thread:

Q: Should I play multiple hands? How should I bet if I do?
A: Playing multiple hands is a good way to increase your win rate and/or reduce your risk. Here are some threads about playing multiple hands:

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=3069
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?p=16488

sevenfour47 said:
how much could my potential profit be per hour>?
If you play 2 hands then you might be earning $4-$6 per hour, but a lot of factors will influence your profit. The rules of the games, your bet spread, how fast the game is dealt, your playing style, heat, and a few other things will have a big impact on how much you can actually earn from the game.

-Sonny-

matt21

sevenfour47 said:
If I played a 1 to 25 limit table would that be a high enough limit to make a few dollars counting cards efficiently and also if i played 2 hands at those limits would that increase my potential profits? how does playing 2 hands affect the odds and such? how much could my potential profit be per hour>?
with a $25 max bet you are going to make hardly anything (in absolute $ terms) at all even with good pen and rules.

but it would be good (and inexpensive) opportunity for training your skills though.

if you play 2 hands of $25 then that will trigger a (relatively) significant increase on your hourly EV because you are getting more money on the table during high counts. Betting two hands is somewhat similar to betting one hand of $50 for your EV impact, but because it is over 2 hands, your associated risk and expected variation is lower compared to betting 1 hand of $50. so if possible (and your BR allows it) definitely play 2 hands of $25.

hope that helps.