UBALO true count

bj21abc

I am running sims for an UBALO true count -

I know Brett Harris had formulated one (at least so it seems by his piece in the BJRnet archive), would be glad to hear experiences if anyone here has used an Ubalo TC.

Thanks

D.

(disclaimer - I have posted this on GC as well - only one not-so-helpful answer so far :)

bj21abc

Ubalo

UBALO - UnBALanced Over/under13 count, developed by Brett Harris. Probably the best OU13 count in use.

I am using the O13 pivot point as an IRC - so my RC begins at -pivot point. This means that whenever the TC is positive, the O13 bet is favourable. Anything above zero is then divided by decks remaining to get a more accurate advantage than can be given by an RC.

I believe the same has been done for KO (although I use hilo so am not too familiar with the TC work on KO).

According to this archived post, Brett Harris did develop an Ubalo true count. I don't know if the Ubalo "package" he mentions is still commercially available these days.
http://www.bjrnet.com/member/archive/BRH_Ubalo.htm

D.
Deathclutch said:
How are you TC this? I admit I'm not real familiar with that system.

bj21abc

Ubalo TC vs RC

OK, I realize I am basically having this Ubalo discussion with myself...

I have been running sims and tweaking the Ubalo TC, coming as close as I can to a reasonable version, together with 3 useful indices. If there is actually anyone out there who is interested in how Ubalo TC stacks up against RC, you can PM me.

D.