Index Plays for DD Games

matt21

I found a good chart for index plays for DD games for H17 here:

http://www.gamemasteronline.com/Archive/Blackjack/DD-BS-Variations.shtml (Archive copy)

Can anyone tell me whether the index plays are valid regardless of which counting system is used (assuming it's a balanced count system).

Secondly, if the index charts are count-specific, can anyone refer me to a chart that is tailored for using the Hi-Lo count (I realise that Hi-Lo is not the ideal count for DD but just assume that this is what i will use for the game).

Many thanks in advance,
Matt

Last edited:

bj bob

matt21 said:

http://www.gamemasteronline.com/Archive/Blackjack/DD-BS-Variations.shtml (Archive copy)

Can anyone tell me whether the index plays are valid regardless of which counting system is used (assuming it's a balanced count system).

Secondly, if the index charts are count-specific, can anyone refer me to a chart that is tailored for using the Hi-Lo count (I realise that Hi-Lo is not the ideal count for DD but just assume that this is what i will use for the game).

Many thanks in advance,
Matt
These look pretty close, although a touch conservative (risk adverse?)
BTW, is this game DAS or no?

matt21

bj bob said:
These look pretty close, although a touch conservative (risk adverse?)
BTW, is this game DAS or no?
i believe this game is no DAS. So the chart would look a little different for DAS. Is it true that the only changes are for:
2,2 and 3,3 v 2
2,2 and 3,3 v 3
4,4 v 5
4,4 v 6
6,6 v 7
7,7 v 8

In all the above the correct BS play is to split in DAS and to hit if no DAS?

bj bob

matt21 said:
i believe this game is no DAS. So the chart would look a little different for DAS. Is it true that the only changes are for:
2,2 and 3,3 v 2
2,2 and 3,3 v 3
4,4 v 5
4,4 v 6
6,6 v 7
7,7 v 8

In all the above the correct BS play is to split in DAS and to hit if no DAS?
Correct. I believe you got them all.

SleightOfHand

matt21 said:

Many thanks in advance,
Matt
Indexes are different for every count system. Indexes for HiLo are different from Red7 are different from Zen are different from HOII

matt21

These BS variations over the various DD rules became a little confusing for me, so I have set it out below to clear my mind! I think it goes as follows:

From multi-deck game to DD S17 DAS
9v2 becomes D
11vA becomes D
6,6v7 becomes X
7,7v8 becomes X

From DD S17 DAS to DD H17 DAS
A,3 v4 becomes D
A,7 v2 becomes D
A,8 v6 becomes D

From DD DAS to DD no DAS (for both S17 and H17)
2,2 v2 becomes H
2,2 v3 becomes H
3,3 v2 becomes H
3,3 v3 becomes H
4,4 v5 becomes H
4,4 v6 becomes H
6,6 v7 becomes H (i.e. reverts back to multi-deck BS)
7,7 v8 becomes H (i.e. reverts back to multi-deck BS)

Last edited: