Stubborn overbetters

Dopple

Now that I have had a bad variance when over betting I almost have this viewpoint that to get my EV back I need to continue to overbet when I build my bankroll back up. At least until I get to 1.5-2 units per hour.

If I dont retaliate in this fashion the over betting I did during bad times is all wasted.

Provided my play does dictate a positive EV if I keep over betting at some time I should come back to my EV and I should be able to get there with less time at the table because EV is directly related to the amount of action you have.

I am sure everyone will agree.:whip:

kewljason

Dopple said:
Now that I have had a bad variance when over betting I almost have this viewpoint that to get my EV back I need to continue to overbet when I build my bankroll back up. At least until I get to 1.5-2 units per hour.

If I dont retaliate in this fashion the over betting I did during bad times is all wasted.

Provided my play does dictate a positive EV if I keep over betting at some time I should come back to my EV and I should be able to get there with less time at the table because EV is directly related to the amount of action you have.

Sounds alot like chasing losses to me. When I re-evaluate, I say, ok this is where I am at right now! And then I move forward from there. I never look back. Thats just me though.

Dopple said:
Now that I have had a bad variance when over betting I almost have this viewpoint that to get my EV back I need to continue to overbet when I build my bankroll back up. At least until I get to 1.5-2 units per hour. If I dont retaliate in this fashion the over betting I did during bad times is all wasted.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, unless you blow your BR and are forced to stop
playing. And if there is no danger of that then you were not overbetting. zg

bjcount

Dopple said:

Dopple

Should I assume by overbetting you are refering to your BR and not your advantage?

Then just go for the higher RoR and maintain the proper spread to beat your game.

If your going to hesitate to push out the money when the count calls for it because those big loses are stuck in your head, stay home.

Rebuild your BR to the proper level and come back at another time.

BJC

Dopple

Both

Why not both. Disregarding BR and figuring a replenishable bankroll of say 1000 units I am not talking about betting 10 units with a .1 advantage but say a 35% increase in normal betting at positive counts. Along with all the other rules of math there is one that says the player should get x% per hour under the right circumstances.

Dopple said:
Why not both. Disregarding BR and figuring a replenishable bankroll of say 1000 units I am not talking about betting 10 units with a .1 advantage but say a 35% increase in normal betting at positive counts.
Quite acceptable. zg

Dopple

zengrifter said:
Quite acceptable. zg
Thanks Zen, I thought I would get ripped apart over this thread. At this stage in my life I want either get up a little and play in comfort or just drop it.

It is such a relief to take a break and get it off my head. I go overboard on the analytic stuff. I used to make 3d models of the indices and put them on my car dash.

Hopefully I will never win again so I wont be all caught up in the number crap again.:joker:

Holecardf Master Needed for Young Jedi in Training

zengrifter said:
Yes, you are absolutely correct, unless you blow your BR and are forced to stop
playing. And if there is no danger of that then you were not overbetting. zg
Anyone know of a flashing holecarder in the S Calif area that a novice could experience and learn the skill set needed to take advantage of without damaging the opportunity? Possible split with the profits for the right mentor.
I'll supply my own bank!!!
Any masters willing to take on a Jedi for this challenge and opportunity?

JoerBlack

You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks,

21gunsalute

Dopple said:

That's called throwing good money after bad. You made a mistake by over betting in the first place. Now you think you can make up for it by repeating the same mistake? It doesn't sound like you've learned anything from your mistakes. 2 wrongs do not make a right. You'll likely just burn through your bankroll faster by over betting.