Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I was surfing the internet.
At some point I ended up watching this movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=MLtT8fzQsTc

Some guy stated:

" Hi-Lo is a WEAK count.
Every Professional knows that.
The game is tough and the Card Counter's Edge is miniscule, often less than 1% on balance..
Ergo, weak systems aree NOT sufficient to succeed."

In other words: the High-Low is not the way to go.

How do you guys feel about these statements?

To me, it seems that it is very difficult to pretend being a counter when you're using a complex counting system.

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeXpert

PaulChambers:

The individual in the video (JStat) is well known here and on other sites. He is alone in his pursuit to convince everyone that his ten count outperforms hi lo. Pay close attention to his counting in his videos and you will see that they are riddled with counting errors. Hi lo is the consensus #1 count for general use especially for shoe games.

JStat's ten count is not complex at all. It is comparable to hi lo in complexity.

The hard part about card counting is not learning how to count or how to keep the count. The hard part is making money on the crappy games offered today and surviving the losing streaks. Other than that, it is a piece of cake.

HockeXpert

Meistro

The vast majority of plays, when the big money goes in, will be no brainers. The most important thing is knowing when to get the money in. More advanced counts help you with the play of the hand, but hilo is about as good as it gets for knowing when and how much to bet.

StandardDeviant

PaulChambers said:
Hi folks,

Some guy stated:

" Hi-Lo is a WEAK count.
The game is tough and the Card Counter's Edge is miniscule, often less than 1% on balance..

To me, it seems that it is very difficult to pretend being a counter when you're using a complex counting system.
Let me answer this way...I read on the Internet:
  • The banking system is not safe
  • It almost collapsed last year, every US citizen knows that
  • Ergo, banks are not safe places to store money
  • You need to send all your money to me
PM me for wire transfer instructions.

The previous message was brought to you as a public service by StDev Inc. StDev Inc is not a member of FDIC.

Hi-Lo is a much easier system than the one you are referring to. And Hi-Lo outperforms the system you are talking about as well. 99.9% of the members on this forum will agree with me.

kewljason

PaulChambers said:
Hi folks,
Some guy stated:
" Hi-Lo is a WEAK count.
Oh boy! :rolleyes: Well, HockeXpert did a nice job of trying to set you straight, so I don't have to get all riled up over this guy, as I have in the past. :)

If you need further assurance, there are some real pros that post here, guys with many years experience, who really know of what they speak (and I don't count myself among these experts), so ask them. Although they may not use hi-lo, and many feel there are better options out there, I don't think you will find many (I really don't think you will find any, but don't want to overstep here) that agree with Jstat's accusation that hi-lo is a hoax. So you can listen to professional AP's or you can listen to a mailman. :cool:

Sonny

1357111317 said:
99.9% of the members on this forum will agree with me.
It's closer to 99.95%. Out of the 4047 members on this website, only 2 will disagree (they are related). Interestingly enough, neither of those 2 members have run the numbers on this system.

-Sonny-

Maestro

Jason, as a letter carrier of 24 years, I am outraged by Jstat's portrayal of my brethren carriers. While 99.95% of my craft have the utmost of respect for Hi-lo, all the letter carrier counters that I know prefer TKO.;)

kewljason

Maestro said:
Jason, as a letter carrier of 24 years, I am outraged by Jstat's portrayal of my brethren carriers. While 99.95% of my craft have the utmost of respect for Hi-lo, all the letter carrier counters that I know prefer TKO.;)
Before we get a bevy of posts from letter carriers on the verge of going postal, :laugh: just kidding guys (and girls) let me say that I meant no disrespect at all to this hard working and I am sure upstanding group in general. Just wanted to let the OP know that Jstat is NOT a professional player. He has a fulltime career and blackjack is just a hobby to him, and while there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, as we have many talanted and sucessful weekend warriors here, it does not qualify him to rewrite the laws of blackjack with no mathematical proof what-so-ever to back him up.

Any further complaints from members of the national letter carrier union about my remarks should be sent by means of the postal service thus assuring it will get lost in the mail. :p

daddybo

StandardDeviant said:
Let me answer this way...I read on the Internet:
  • The banking system is not safe
  • It almost collapsed last year, every US citizen knows that
  • Ergo, banks are not safe places to store money
  • You need to send all your money to me
PM me for wire transfer instructions.

The previous message was brought to you as a public service by StDev Inc. StDev Inc is not a member of FDIC.
Before I do the PM thing.. What's the average Return? :)

(sorry just couldn't let it pass. :laugh:)

Machinist

Daddybo ..... Daddybo

daddybo said:
Before I do the PM thing.. What's the average Return? :)

(sorry just couldn't let it pass. :laugh:)
I will pay half the fuel to get SD to the next bash Daddybo!!!! Might there be a plane available? LOL :)
SD ?????:p:p

Machinist:cat::cat:

Billy C1

Machinist said:
I will pay half the fuel to get SD to the next bash Daddybo!!!! Might there be a plane available? LOL :)
SD ?????:p:p

Machinist:cat::cat:
If that is HER picture I'll buy the rest of the fuel!

Billy C1

Machinist

Went beyond

Billy C1 said:
If that is HER picture I'll buy the rest of the fuel!

Billy C1
I would like to meet the mind!!!!! That pic is nice but come on.... She put that pic there for a reason!!!!! Her handle i believe has alot of hidden meaning...mmmmmm
I have went beyond the pic and now am interested in what makes this AP'er tick..
Yes i am happily , very happily married.... And my wife will be at the BASH , she was informed and she is very excited...
So come on SD lets make it happen!!!!!!!! Let's get the plans a planned!!!! LOL
Of course SD if you want to come in secret please PM the planners of the BASH..:) CP ?
I am sure they would accommodate....

Machinist

kewljason

It strikes me as odd that everytime SD post's, you guys go all ga-ga. It's an avatar horndogs!! I suspect she is female as she says. I certainly have no reason to doubt her, but for all you know....lol. But we do know from her post's that she is intelligent and certainly not enough of a boob (haha) to post her picture. I realize this is a male dominated site, but you guys are like men in prison seeing a female for the first time. :laugh:

daddybo

I'm with You Machinist..damn the Avatar.. she has a beautiul mind. :)

kewljason said:
It strikes me as odd that everytime SD post's, you guys go all ga-ga. It's an avatar horndogs!! I suspect she is female as she says. I certainly have no reason to doubt her, but for all you know....lol. But we do know from her post's that she is intelligent and certainly not enough of a boob (haha) to post her picture. I realize this is a male dominated site, but you guys are like men in prison seeing a female for the first time. :laugh:
Wait until you get our age! :laugh: All Bark and no Bite!

P.S. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find that kind of sense of humor?

Last edited:

Billy C1

kewljason said:
You've ruined my day! I now have her pictured as an ugly 450 pounder (kidding). She may not be a she but let us dream a little.
The avatar I really like is used by nottooshabby!!!!!!!!!
I'm making this post from SuperMax cell #69

Billy C1

Deathangl13

kewljason said:
It's an avatar horndogs!! I suspect she is female as she says. I certainly have no reason to doubt her, but for all you know...
Exactly, she may be what you call "biologically female"... Do you believe a woman with something to flaunt is going to hide it? Women spend $$BILLIONS$$ on cosmetics to correct their physical flaws, for what? To hide it? No. If a woman is drop dead gorgeous, she'll want everyone to know it.... Especially other women that aren't as good looking... Their ego just can't resist.

Last edited:

RJT

It's threads like this that make me feel the entire board is institutionally sexist.
The poster is a person - gender isn't an issue.

RJT.

Status
Not open for further replies.