what to do when u loose?

daniel27

Suppose u are playing a shoe with good pen no heat good rules and....
u win loose win loose then the TC goes up and up reaching your max bet and then u loose all yours hands, 12 in a row, u look at the distray and at least there is 10 more hands what do u do ???
in your pocket u have money for 10 max bets more.
PS: when this happend to me I loose 8,5 max bets more.

daddybo

daniel27 said:
Suppose u are playing a shoe with good pen no heat good rules and....
u win loose win loose then the TC goes up and up reaching your max bet and then u loose all yours hands, 12 in a row, u look at the distray and at least there is 10 more hands what do u do ???
in your pocket u have money for 10 max bets more.
PS: when this happend to me I loose 8,5 max bets more.
You go get lunch. No one said it is easy.

rrwoods

If you don't have enough money to shake that off, you're doing it wrong.

The answer to "what do you do" is different for each person. For starters, if it affects your play, get out. If it doesn't, press on.

daniel27

rrwoods said:
If you don't have enough money to shake that off, you're doing it wrong.

The answer to "what do you do" is different for each person. For starters, if it affects your play, get out. If it doesn't, press on.
what I mean was "what do u do", not me, i already do it , check the PS.
and no that not affect really my game.(Kelly 0,4)

rrwoods

Ah, well, in that case I leave when I get flustered. No sense sticking around when I can't play the game anymore. Sometimes it's just for a few minutes or an hour or so, in order to regain composure and try to start fresh, but if I can't collect myself I hit the road.

For the most part though I just try to take the losses with the wins and keep the game enjoyable.

Sonny

daniel27 said:
...u look at the distray and at least there is 10 more hands what do u do ???
I keep playing the rest of the hands as long as I have the advantage and the heat is bearable. That's a question that would never even cross my mind. You can always take a break at the shuffle if you need to, but don't leave during the deepest part of an advantageous shoe!

-Sonny-

Lonesome Gambler

If the shoe is hot, you play! Why spend hours and hours training yourself to identify advantageous situations, then wonder if it's worth playing them when they appear? If you have the money, suck it up, and bet optimally! Who cares how many hands in a row you win or lose? You'll have many horrible losing streaks and a few incredible winning ones that put the many losing ones to shame. Walking away with an edge just means that you'll be bleeding more money later while you play through marginal counts to get to a situation just like the one you walked away from.

shiznites

This recently happened to me and I lost nearly 60 units in like 10 minutes. After the shoe I took a hour break and proceeded to win it all and then some back in the next shoe I played.. This is why bankrolls of at least 1000 units is key!

kewljason

Agree completely with Sonny and lonesome gambler. Everything in counting is about getting to those high count max bet situations. Whether you back count many hands or play through many hands with a small wager to get there. Once you get there why would you take a break at that point? Finish that shoe, then take your break and regroup, if you need to. If you need to regroup mentally in the middle of a shoe when the count is high or don't have the funds to continue, then you were just not properly prepared to start that shoe. :confused:

sagefr0g

differant strokes for differant folks

all that in one shoe, :eek: , lmao.

i think i can remember one time that happening to me, it was at the first bash.
well, it was like thirty units by the time the shoe ended. if i won one hand, i can't remember, lol. i was heads up with the dealer with a 'dream' pen. if i had it to do over i'd of walked away from that shoe, lol, regardless the count. hindsight is twenty, twenty, lol.
and heck, that was at the bash, where even there i only allow myself sixty units for a days play, even at an event like that.:rolleyes:

so but just me maybe and i'm no pro, or even a skilled counter but what i do have is a lot of knowledge from a lot of you guys and gals around here.
so me, knowing that i can't and don't even want to play the game like a computer, at least i know what i can expect for a 'typical' shoe in 'ludic' terms, ie. Gauss's normal distribution, with things falling somewhere in the bell curve sort of stuff.
so really at least for me in theory, what i'd want to do if i even had the self discipline to follow my own rules, lol, would be for any given shoe it's my intention to not allow myself to lose or win more than around one standard deviations worth of money for a given shoe.
that said, i might just break that personalized rule if the count is juicy, even though, just me, it's the money that counts not the count as far as any one shoe is concerned.:p

Something Missing?

If I understand you correctly you have lost about 10 big bets?
Have the money for only 10 big bets?
At least 10 hands to go in the current shoe?

If the hands are advantageous you keep playing as others have said.

If the next hand calls for a max bet you should probably cut the next bet some to account for the drop in bank and to ensure you have enough money to finish the shoe at max bets while providing for splits and doubles. A seat of the pants calculation of cutting the bets 10% if it is about time to do so is better then not cutting the bets. If you choose to not cut the bets you raise your total ror and may run out of money while in a positive situation which is very bad.:joker::whip:

Of course the count may drop after the very next hand so you can bet accordingly from then on.:joker::whip:

It is obvious you also need to bring more $ on trips. I would go with 10% to 25% more.

Something missing is $:joker::whip: