pro bj

BillytheBJkid

So how did you pro guys do this year? Are you still able to make a living playing blackjack in AC? I wasn't too sucessfull in my first try, but want to try again in 2010.

ycming

You should be trying. You are either doing it correctly or not. Practice first!

I just think you need to start off with a large bankroll to make a living!

Ming

ChefJJ

The only complaint I had in '09 was the drop off in comps...anybody else significantly feel this?

good luck :joker:

shadroch

Can't say I've noticed a drop in comps. I've read about it, but it has not affected me one bit. Perhaps even the opposite is true.

ChefJJ

shadroch said:
Can't say I've noticed a drop in comps. I've read about it, but it has not affected me one bit. Perhaps even the opposite is true.
Do you get a lot of time in at HET properties? I continue to get decent offers and returns from them (and Venetian/Palazzo for some reason), but other AC joints seem have tightened up on me. Must have been something I said :(

shadroch

ChefJJ said:
Do you get a lot of time in at HET properties? I continue to get decent offers and returns from them (and Venetian/Palazzo for some reason), but other AC joints seem have tightened up on me. Must have been something I said :(

My Jan offers
3 free nights any Harrahs in Vegas but Caesars.
2 nites in each of the AC Harrahs. and $50 FP in each, $25-50 food comps, and 8X reward credits..
2 nites Harrahs Laughlin
2 nites Tropicana AC, free admission to Diamond Jims, but $10 a nite occupancy fees
Unlimited nites TropXpress in Laughlin, $20 FP and a free $25 bet each day.
Three free nites 4 Queens and $75 FP, $50 FP Binions.
2 Nites El Cortez, $25 FP,$50 food comp and 2 Eskimo Bars.
Got an offer for free nites from Plaza/Vegas Club, Edgewater, and Riverside but didn't keep them.

This is just about the same level I've gotten the last few years.