Shoe Penetration

smithj

In a 6D game with S17, DAS, Surrender and a dealer's cut of 2 decks... will this be considered a decent penetration?

J.

johndoe

smithj said:
In a 6D game with S17, DAS, Surrender and a dealer's cut of 2 decks... will this be considered a decent penetration?

J.
2 is pretty lousy.

1.5 is typical (Vegas), and passable, 1 is pretty good, and anything less is quite good.

smithj

1.5 is the best I can expect here... but 2 is the average... of course since i have a good relation with the dealers and supervisors, I normally say "be nice with that cut please, more play less shuffling" :)

Also, most of the time I play heads up with the dealer (so I don't backcount).

Anyways, thank you guys for your feedback.

J.

Billy C1

smithj said:
1.5 is the best I can expect here... but 2 is the average... of course since i have a good relation with the dealers and supervisors, I normally say "be nice with that cut please, more play less shuffling" :)

Also, most of the time I play heads up with the dealer (so I don't backcount).

Anyways, thank you guys for your feedback.

J.
Looks like we have a similar situation. Most convenient game for me has worse rules than yours but better pen so the "game values" are about equal.
As pointed out by others, these probably aren't big profit opportunities but with comps earned, etc. we can play with a slight advantage so there's no harm done when it's "best available" game.

BillyC1