UBZ2 Question

nc-tom

Have been working on learning UBZ2. Have gotten the 1 deck index numbers down. As I move on to learning the 2 deck index numbers my question is when in a 2 deck game and the deck gets down to 1 deck should I switch to the 1 deck indices for the remander of the hands or should I stick to the 2 deck index numbers i started with at the beginning? Think I know the answer but wanted to check with the board so that I get it right.Dont want to be switching back and forth if it is not the correct play. Index numbers simed for 2 deck game, H17 70.2 percent pen two players. All help would be appreciated.

nc-tom said:
Have been working on learning UBZ2. Have gotten the 1 deck index numbers down. As I move on to learning the 2 deck index numbers my question is when in a 2 deck game and the deck gets down to 1 deck should I switch to the 1 deck indices for the remander of the hands or should I stick to the 2 deck index numbers i started with at the beginning? Think I know the answer but wanted to check with the board so that I get it right.Dont want to be switching back and forth if it is not the correct play. Index numbers simed for 2 deck game, H17 70.2 percent pen two players. All help would be appreciated.
There are probably ways you could alter your indices as you move through the shoe but it's probably not a good idea, as being halfway through a DD shoe is not exactly the same as playing a single deck.

Simple answer, no. But if you use the OpenSourceUBZ posted here, the indices are 1-2D composite, I believe, rendering your question moot. zg

Mimosine

just use the composite indices, except for insurance. Use 0 for SD, and +1 for DD. All else same.

#s of interest:

Initial Running count (-4 SD or -8 DD)
+2

assume_R

Automatic Monkey said:
...being halfway through a DD shoe is not exactly the same as playing a single deck.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason for this is that a single deck has a guaranteed set of cards remaining, but when you're halfway through a DD shoe you don't know exactly which cards from your "equivalent single deck" have already been played, as the cards from 2 decks were all shuffled together.