Ace value for betting, using multi-parameter system

I am ready to move to a mulit-parameter level 2 system for DD blackjack: Hi Opt II with Ace SC.

If I understand correctly from Theory of Blackjack, an excess ace should increase the true count by 1 for betting purposes. However, the Hi Opt I count was being used in the example. Is one excess ace still worth +1 to the HOII TC for betting? Why 1? References are appreciated (maybe I have overlooked it in Theory of Blackjack?).

Thanks.

Sonny

For HOII the ace is worth +2 as described in World's Greatest Blackjack Book by Lance Humble. I believe the book also has some of the indices in there too (but not all of them).

-Sonny-

non-self-weighter said:
I am ready to move to a mulit-parameter level 2 system for DD blackjack: Hi Opt II with Ace SC.

If I understand correctly from Theory of Blackjack, an excess ace should increase the true count by 1 for betting purposes. However, the Hi Opt I count was being used in the example. Is one excess ace still worth +1 to the HOII TC for betting? Why 1? References are appreciated (maybe I have overlooked it in Theory of Blackjack?).
1. Ace side count for betting is NOT MULTI PARAMETER.
2. Does NOT increase true count - increases running count. zg

Thanks Sonny and ZG.

So I will increase running count by 2 per excess ace, using Hi Opt II, for betting purposes only.

I will be interested to read Humble's indexes, but for now I will create indexes using HOII w/o SC.

ZG, does multiparameter only apply to playing efficiency?

Deathclutch

non-self-weighter said:
Thanks Sonny and ZG.

So I will increase running count by 2 per excess ace, using Hi Opt II, for betting purposes only.

I will be interested to read Humble's indexes, but for now I will create indexes using HOII w/o SC.

ZG, does multiparameter only apply to playing efficiency?
You won't figure the aces into your index play. The indices are the same with or without your ace side count.

jack.jackson

non-self-weighter said:
Oh, I will make with CVData.
Heres, a little theory.

*Multi-parameter charts, are always read, with the assumption, of one extra ace, has been played. Depending on what level count you use, and the hand in question, determines the magnitude of the ace.

In your case ho2.

Aces are worth 2 each for betting.

The two most, valuable plays for the ace are

Insurance
11vX

Heres the tricky part.

With insurance and 11vX, you will add(opposite of betting)+1, for insurance and +2 for 11vX, for every extra ace.

This brings ho2s insurance correlation up to .927

*Its important to note, in this example, that i define, a surplus of aces, as whats been already played, not whats remaining. Some, see it opposite of.

Last edited:
Automatic Monkey said:
Are you sure about that? How would you define a multi-parameter count, then?
Multiparameter aka bivaluate adjustment refers to side counts that affect indexed BS departures - tracking 7s and/or 8s for play adjustment of stiffs, most typically.

If the Ace sidecount was used for playing decisions, albeit ineffective, then it would be considered multiparameter. zg

jack said:
Heres, a little theory.

*Multi-parameter charts, are always read, with the assumption, of one extra ace, has been played. Depending on what level count you use, and the hand question, determines the magnitude of the ace.

In your case ho2.

Aces are worth 2 each for betting.

The two most, valuable plays for the ace are

Insurance
11vX

Heres the tricky part.

With insurance and 11vX, you will add(opposite of betting)+1, for insurance and +2 for 11vX, for every extra ace.

This brings ho2s insurance correlation up to .927

*Its important to note, in this example, that i define, a surplus of aces, as whats been already played, not whats remaining. Some, see it opposite of.
Used like that Ace sidecounting would be multiparameter... BUT if those sims are correct showing HO2 more powerful than ZEN, without sidecount, then counting 7s and/or 7s-8s as a block, would be more powerful than counting Aces. zg