CVData Question

DMMx3

I just recently picked up CVData and am trying to model some different betting strategies, including some that include betting 2 hands at a time at certain TCs. However, I can't seem to get it to do what I want. When I set the betting parameters to play multiple hands at TC=5, for example, it suggests I turn on Multi-Tracking. When I do that, it starts tracking the other players (which I don't need.) Further, it is showing player#1 (the one I am interested in) as skipping more than half the hands. (I'm Wonging out at TC<=-2, but am "Forcing Shuffle on Exit" from a table, and I was not "skipping" any hands when I was modeling betting systems that did not include betting 2 hands at a time.

Please help! Thanks in advance.:confused:

bjcount

DMMx3 said:
I just recently picked up CVData and am trying to model some different betting strategies, including some that include betting 2 hands at a time at certain TCs. However, I can't seem to get it to do what I want. When I set the betting parameters to play multiple hands at TC=5, for example, it suggests I turn on Multi-Tracking. When I do that, it starts tracking the other players (which I don't need.) Further, it is showing player#1 (the one I am interested in) as skipping more than half the hands. (I'm Wonging out at TC<=-2, but am "Forcing Shuffle on Exit" from a table, and I was not "skipping" any hands when I was modeling betting systems that did not include betting 2 hands at a time.

Please help! Thanks in advance.:confused:
Norm will probably chime in shortly but lets see if I can help you out.

1) If you dont already have it, CVCX would help you to develop an optimum betting strategy instead of by what sounds like trial and error. ("modeling")

2) With multiple hand betting strategies multi tracking is required (your playing 1 or 2 hands), not because of the other players.

3) Using the multi track feature you may be wonging out at -2, but what about the other players in the sim? Now that the sim is tracking the other players, did you set them to WO also? If not the dealer is dealing to them while you skip hands. Either modify their(the other players) betting strat to WO with you are run the sim as heads up.

4) It sounds like when you were playing only a 1 hand betting strategy and multi tracking was off, it was not counting the other player in the round so when you wonged out a new shuffle was forced and skipped hands were not counted (neither was any time lost waiting on shuffle, etc..).

Hope that helps

BJC

Last edited:

DMMx3

bjcount said:
Norm will probably chime in shortly but lets see if I can help you out.

1) If you dont already have it, CVCX would help you to develop an optimum betting strategy instead of by what sounds like trial and error. ("modeling")

2) With multiple hand betting strategies multi tracking is required (your playing 1 or 2 hands), not because of the other players.

3) Using the multi track feature you may be wonging out at -2, but what about the other players in the sim? Now that the sim is tracking the other players, did you set them to WO also? If not the dealer is dealing to them while you skip hands. Either modify their(the other players) betting strat to WO with you are run the sim as heads up.

4) It sounds like when you were playing only a 1 hand betting strategy and multi tracking was off, it was not counting the other player in the round so when you wonged out a new shuffle was forced and skipped hands were not counted (neither was any time lost waiting on shuffle, etc..).

Hope that helps

BJC
Thanks for the response. This helps a bit. I will definitely look into the optimal betting strategy feature of CVCX.

Regarding #3, I did set the other players to WO as well, at the same TC. That changed the %age of skipped hands, but hands were still being "skipped." Any ideas on that?

Thanks so much.

bjcount

DMMx3 said:
Thanks for the response. This helps a bit. I will definitely look into the optimal betting strategy feature of CVCX.

Regarding #3, I did set the other players to WO as well, at the same TC. That changed the %age of skipped hands, but hands were still being "skipped." Any ideas on that?

Thanks so much.
My guess is that the number (%age) of skipped hands was very small which was a result of the TC moving above the WO point in the middle of a round. Where, lets say, your WO point was reached at the end of your hand but the cards drawn for another player kept him in the game because the TC went up above the WO point.

Edit: try setting the other players to WO sooner then you... if your -2, set them to -1.

BJC

Last edited: