What Counting Strategy do you use for 6D+?

Which Strategy for a 6-8 deck game?

• Hi-Lo

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • K-O (Running Count Version)

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • K-O (With True Count)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Zen Count

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Red Seven

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Other (Please post which strategy in reply)

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

FreeStyle

When you play at a 6-8 deck shoe, which counting system do you regularly use? You can just vote or vote and explain why.

If you pick "6. other" please state which one you use.

1. Hi-Lo
2. K-O (only use running count)
3. K-O (with true count)
4. Zen Count
5. Red Seven
6. Other

Deathclutch

Either Kiss III or Hi Opt II with a "fuzzy" Ace SC (stole that from Sagefrog) :laugh: Trying to figure out which one I want to stick with permanently.

Last edited:

somtum

somtum said:
Was only playing Hi-lo but just recently started playing Zen.

Actually, I changed my mind.. After doing further research and sims will start learning Felt-F or RPC. The best games in my area are 6D's. They seem to outperform Zen in the 6D games I play with a 1 to 12 spread.. and a little easier to use because more of the tag values cancel each other out. Plus I like the higher BC for shoe games.

ycming

somtum said:
Actually, I changed my mind.. After doing further research and sims will start learning Felt-F or RPC. The best games in my area are 6D's. They seem to outperform Zen in the 6D games I play with a 1 to 12 spread.. and a little easier to use because more of the tag values cancel each other out. Plus I like the higher BC for shoe games.
Hmm could you share the differences between Zen and felt/RPC?

Thanks
Ming

duanedibley

ycming said:

Thanks
Ming
FELT/RPC has a higher betting correlation (which it trades for a lower playing efficiency) than Zen, which makes it slightly better for games with more decks. It is also slightly easier to use since ten's and ace's have the same tag: -2 (which also leads to more cancellations as somtum mentioned).

somtum

ycming said:

Thanks
Ming
The sims I ran were very close between Felt-F & Zen. Cvdata Doesn't have a Strategy for RPC.

Rules 6D, DOA, RA, S17, Pen 75%

1 to 12 Spread (Play all) $25 Unit 100 hand per hour

Bet ramp used
TC Units
0 1
1 1
2 2
3 4
4 5
5 10
6 10
7 12

Betting Stategy is 1 to 12 even though pic says 1 to 15

Nynefingers

I'm using hi-lo with a very limited amount of shuffle tracking (NRS formula) when the opportunity presents itself. Honestly though, I'm still new so I've got my hands full just trying to keep the count accurately, so I only mess with tracking some of the time. I'm working on it though!