Insurance index question

Deathclutch

I've been googling around for the exact index for a level 1 count to take insurance with and most places seem to list it as +3. Somewhere I remember it actually being +3.1. Does anyone know which it is?

Also what is the standard TC to take a max bet on a shoe game with a level 1 count?

Also do you hold any advantage over most games at a +1 TC or do you need a 1.5?

assume_R

Not sure about the insurance question. If anyone knows of an option in CVIndex to return floating point values instead of integers I'd be happy to compute it for you.

Also, perhaps the answer might change depending on which L1 system you use? I'll assume Hi-Lo (Full Indices), and if you want me to change any of the numbers just let me know.

CVCX say for 6D, 75%, S17DAS, 1-10 Spread, 1 Hand:
@TC+1, bet 2.68 units
@TC+2, bet 6.57 units
@TC+3 and up, bet 10.0 units

Sorry if you already knew all of that. I think CVData can do floating point true counts (non-integers), and I'll see if I can figure out how to do that. But based on that 2.68 and 6.57 @ TC+1 and +2, I'd assume you have the advantage closer to +1 than +1.5. Just my guess.

Deathclutch

assume_R said:
Not sure about the insurance question. If anyone knows of an option in CVIndex to return floating point values instead of integers I'd be happy to compute it for you.

Also, perhaps the answer might change depending on which L1 system you use? I'll assume Hi-Lo (Full Indices), and if you want me to change any of the numbers just let me know.

CVCX say for 6D, 75%, S17DAS, 1-10 Spread, 1 Hand:
@TC+1, bet 2.68 units
@TC+2, bet 6.57 units
@TC+3 and up, bet 10.0 units

Sorry if you already knew all of that. I think CVData can do floating point true counts (non-integers), and I'll see if I can figure out how to do that. But based on that 2.68 and 6.57 @ TC+1 and +2, I'd assume you have the advantage closer to +1 than +1.5. Just my guess.
Thank you very much for the information, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've just been reading a lot more into the Color of Blackjack book on missed opportunities with unbalanced counts and have been trying to come up with some similar numbers as to what's in the book. I just didn't want to raise at all with a +1 TC if I didn't have any advantage there, although I think I'll gear the numbers more to 1.5 in case someone is playing a less then stellar game.

assume_R

Deathclutch said:
Thank you very much for the information, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've just been reading a lot more into the Color of Blackjack book on missed opportunities with unbalanced counts and have been trying to come up with some similar numbers as to what's in the book. I just didn't want to raise at all with a +1 TC if I didn't have any advantage there, although I think I'll gear the numbers more to 1.5 in case someone is playing a less then stellar game.
Firstly, I have a couple scattered posts regarding true counting KO and when it's advantageous to not true counting KO, such as http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=169028&postcount=16 and I'm pretty sure I accurately recreated the images used in the color of blackjack in my very first post http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=166009&postcount=1 but don't take my word for it :)

By all means do what you want, but just a friendly suggestion not to wait until TC+1.5. The reason is that TC+1 occurs more often than TC of +1.5. For example, for the previous post, the TC+1 occurs 11.25% of the time, and a TC+2 occurs only 7.39% of the time. So 1.5 would be somewhere in between them.

So while it may not be enough to justify always using the +1 to start betting more, don't necessarily shun it.

kewljason

Deathclutch said:
I've been googling around for the exact index for a level 1 count to take insurance with and most places seem to list it as +3. Somewhere I remember it actually being +3.1. Does anyone know which it is?

Also what is the standard TC to take a max bet on a shoe game with a level 1 count?

Also do you hold any advantage over most games at a +1 TC or do you need a 1.5?
Hi-lo insurance index: 1 deck=1.4, 2 decks=2.4, 6 decks=3.0, 8 decks=3.1.

When you hold an advantage and when to make max wager have no set answer. Depends on variable factors. Rules of the game, bankroll, ect.

Deathclutch

kewljason said:
Hi-lo insurance index: 1 deck=1.4, 2 decks=2.4, 6 decks=3.0, 8 decks=3.1.

When you hold an advantage and when to make max wager have no set answer. Depends on variable factors. Rules of the game, bankroll, ect.
Right, I knew it varied somewhat, but usually there are some general guidelines that get published in books and such. Thanks for answering the insurance question Jason!