Interesting results at Hi-opt

I'd never tried it before on my single decks before today. Not even in test runs. However after just fooling around with it for part of a couple hours today and last night am beginning to see the advantages.

Or: 3-6 as +1; 7,8,9 and ace as 0 with 10s as -1.

Gives me more certainty about where the aces are. Put my right foot in it's regular place at the beginning of the deck. Moved it in to 6 O'clock when first ace played, 9 O'clock second ace, 12 noon third etc. The only conditioning was remembering to not count the deuce. Or subtract for the ace.

Results: In test runs I could lower my bet spread and still pull off comparably decent earnings. Even in some neutral or even slightly negative counts I felt comfortable about putting a bigger unit down when the deck was loaded with aces. Sure enough, was getting blackjacks at those times more often.

This is interesting because by knowing when an ace is more likely to get pulled I can create some cover camouflage by betting a little bigger at neutral counts. And it's another chance to spread a little higher at a time i normally would have waited for the count to go higher.

Camouflage plays might be moot points at the joints I play as they let me get away with some huge spreads. Even playing heads up though I will ramp my bets up and down with the nickel red. So the powers that be can't be paying that much attention. Not yet anyway.

Don't suppose many use this in shoe play. Would require some extra foot action to account for the 24 aces in a six deck shoe. Doable but perhaps cumbersome. Least ways I've never heard of anyone doing this.

Wonder if anyone has pulled this off in double deck games.

Deathclutch

AnIrishmannot2brite said:
I'd never tried it before on my single decks before today. Not even in test runs. However after just fooling around with it for part of a couple hours today and last night am beginning to see the advantages.

Or: 3-6 as +1; 7,8,9 and ace as 0 with 10s as -1.

Gives me more certainty about where the aces are. Put my right foot in it's regular place at the beginning of the deck. Moved it in to 6 O'clock when first ace played, 9 O'clock second ace, 12 noon third etc. The only conditioning was remembering to not count the deuce. Or subtract for the ace.

Results: In test runs I could lower my bet spread and still pull off comparably decent earnings. Even in some neutral or even slightly negative counts I felt comfortable about putting a bigger unit down when the deck was loaded with aces. Sure enough, was getting blackjacks at those times more often.

This is interesting because by knowing when an ace is more likely to get pulled I can create some cover camouflage by betting a little bigger at neutral counts. And it's another chance to spread a little higher at a time i normally would have waited for the count to go higher.

Camouflage plays might be moot points at the joints I play as they let me get away with some huge spreads. Even playing heads up though I will ramp my bets up and down with the nickel red. So the powers that be can't be paying that much attention. Not yet anyway.

Don't suppose many use this in shoe play. Would require some extra foot action to account for the 24 aces in a six deck shoe. Doable but perhaps cumbersome. Least ways I've never heard of anyone doing this.

Wonder if anyone has pulled this off in double deck games.
As long as you're side counting the aces Hi Opt I should do you well at single deck. That extra playing efficiency will be a big boost and sometimes can allow you to make some off the wall strategy deviations that may provide some cover in itself.

sabre

How on earth could you possible analyze the difference between counting systems based on a few sessions of live play?

sabre said:
How on earth could you possible analyze the difference between counting systems based on a few sessions of live play?
For further information please reference my original post. In example, all the words of the eight very short paragraphs. Not just the title.

Hello? Anyone home???

I was using the strategy trainer, not live play. Put in maybe 200+ decks play. But to answer your question (based upon experimental efforts), I felt much more confident at locating the aces. The increased expectation was noticeable just within a few shuffles.

Again has anyone used a side count of aces in double deck?

Deathclutch

AnIrishmannot2brite said:
For further information please reference my original post. In example, all the words of the eight very short paragraphs. Not just the title.

Hello? Anyone home???

I was using the strategy trainer, not live play. Put in maybe 200+ decks play. But to answer your question (based upon experimental efforts), I felt much more confident at locating the aces. The increased expectation was noticeable just within a few shuffles.

Again has anyone used a side count of aces in double deck?
Many of us do. You'll assume there should be one ace every 13 cards or 1/4 deck. I believe with hi opt I you'll want to add 1 to your RC for every ace in excess. Likewise you'll want to subtract 1 from your RC for every ace that comes out too early.

Even if you don't want to use the aces for betting purposes there are also ways you can use the side count for your insurance decision just take a look in my VIP insurance thread (you'll have to use different numbers for Hi Opt 1).

Deathclutch

In fact for playing single deck, here is your information.

For three unseen aces you'd need a RC of 2.
For two unseen aces you'd need a RC of 2.
For one unseen ace you'd need a RC of 1.
Last ace use TC method.

(Dead link: http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=169389)

This should bring your IC up to .87 according to the article above.