Is this too risky?

pooptarts92

Ok I have $1000 gathered and I plan to only backcount with this BR. At true 2 i'll jump in and my bet spread is the following:
$10 @ tc2
$15 @tc3
$20 @ tc4
$25 @ tc5
$30 @ tc6 and up

I plan to Wong out at any running count of -3 or under.
The main rules i play with are:
Early surrender
4 decks
3:2 Blackjack
up to 4 splits
aces only split once, get 1 card each
DAS
DA2
insurance 2 to 1
H17

If it matters I use Wong's Halves system. Also this BR is replenishable, i can add bits and chunks to it if i really needed to.

Blue Efficacy

Does dealer take all after a blackjack?

Sounds like a very good game, you might want to consider spreading more, 1-3 isn't very much, even with wonging.

Of course if you have half deck cut off you could still do well with this small spread. But I doubt this is the case.

pooptarts92

Blue Efficacy said:
Does dealer take all after a blackjack?

Sounds like a very good game, you might want to consider spreading more, 1-3 isn't very much, even with wonging.

Of course if you have half deck cut off you could still do well with this small spread. But I doubt this is the case.
You only lose the original bet to a natural. no hole card.
what spread would you recommend sir????

Koz1984

The edge is 0.04% if indeed they offer early surrender. You could ALMOST beat it alone via flat betting. So I think a small spread is ok.

pooptarts92

Koz1984 said:
The edge is 0.04% if indeed they offer early surrender. You could ALMOST beat it alone via flat betting. So I think a small spread is ok.
well there is no hole card, but keep in mind you cant surrender against an ace.

moo321

He's not spreading 1-3. He's back-counting spreading 1-3. That betting spread looks fine. I might go to two hands of $20 instead of one hand of $30 at max bet. You won't make a killing, but it'll win.

bj bob

pooptarts92 said:
well there is no hole card, but keep in mind you cant surrender against an ace.
If that's the case then it's not really Early Surrender, it's more like Restricted ES (RES) to coin a new term.

moo321

bj bob said:
If that's the case then it's not really Early Surrender, it's more like Restricted ES (RES) to coin a new term.
Still a good rule. Probably adds 20-30 to the SCORE of the game.

bj bob

moo321 said:
Still a good rule. Probably adds 20-30 to the SCORE of the game.
Agreed, I just wanted to clarify the term since I've seen so many noobies boast about ES games they've discovered only to find out they are not the real thing.

moo321

bj bob said:
Agreed, I just wanted to clarify the term since I've seen so many noobies boast about ES games they've discovered only to find out they are not the real thing.
Yeah. 98% of the time it's late surrender. But this is actual early surrender vs. 10.

pooptarts92

moo321 said:
Yeah. 98% of the time it's late surrender. But this is actual early surrender vs. 10.
tbh ive always wondered wtf type of surrender we have lol. but i do know im supposed to use the ES indices for 10's. aces is mostly stay and pray at high counts with 16 and 15 lol. maybe at tc's of like 8 and up ill spread to 2 hands of 20 or 25 even.

pooptarts92

how about this spread? if the house edge is that low maybe i can do the true count times a $5 unit, up to 8 so max bet is $40. i did this today and usually ended up with a solid hand but i still lost tonight ugh, $175 down tonight. Wonging is tricky business, it's kinda tought to find the right table, and even see a decent count to jump in on.