Double Exposure Blackjack

There's a "charity" poker tournament going in Dayton, OH this weekend and next weekend held by "Reece's Last Vegas Supplies." (Dead link: http://www.luckyshirt.com/charity.htm)

They're notorious around here for being a little shady with their charity money etc, but they have something that I wanted to ask the masses about. At their poker tournaments they have Double Exposure Blackjack (dealer shows both whole cards, durr). S17, 6 deck, Blackjack pays 1-1, and house takes all ties.

I've been counting for almost 2 years and having some small success, games like this always sound good (before you read all the rules), but from my experiences anything that sounds good usually sucks. I was wondering just how bad this game is. I was told they give pretty good penitration. If this game isn't that bad then perhaps it would be worth playing with a decient size spread?

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Romes said:
There's a "charity" poker tournament going in Dayton, OH this weekend and next weekend held by "Reece's Last Vegas Supplies." (Dead link: http://www.luckyshirt.com/charity.htm)

They're notorious around here for being a little shady with their charity money etc, but they have something that I wanted to ask the masses about. At their poker tournaments they have Double Exposure Blackjack (dealer shows both whole cards, durr). S17, 6 deck, Blackjack pays 1-1, and house takes all ties.

I've been counting for almost 2 years and having some small success, games like this always sound good (before you read all the rules), but from my experiences anything that sounds good usually sucks. I was wondering just how bad this game is. I was told they give pretty good penitration. If this game isn't that bad then perhaps it would be worth playing with a decient size spread?

Thanks to anyone who helps!
If you can double on any two cards it's playable. If not, it's not worth it. For a choice of counts, I haven't done all the math but Revere Plus-Minus should be a better choice than High-Low. I have no idea what kind of ramp you would use. Games like this are best avoided unless you intend to specialize in them and use dedicated counts & strategies.