Comparing Counting Systems

I have heard the omega is good as well as high opt and zen I am just confused as to which one I should learn to have the best opportunity to win at the table. Any help would be much appreciated

Also Does Ed Thorps ten count system still work in todays single and double deck?

I am interesting in playing single and double which we have a available in oklahoma what book do you guys recommend for this? I guess which book offers the best card counting strategy for single and double

How about the Uston Advanced Count? I have read that if you can learn it is by far the best system ever

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

fwb

The differences between counting systems are so small, that unless you plan on playing 100's of thousands of hands over your lifetime, the difference is negligible and you should choose what works best for you. Being 100% accurate, knowing indicies, and doing so with ease while handling distractions is the most important factor.

Otherwise, most will agree that Hi Opt II w/ ace side-count is the best system for pitch games. But you should start out with Hi Lo until you know the indicies in your sleep and get bored after your first 100 or so hours.

When simmed with optimized betting ramps, Hi Lo wins virtually the same amount as any other more complicated system, just with a little more std dev.

iCountNTrack

TheRook said:
thank you
Hey welcome aboard,

If possible instead of posting one sentence threads, please combine the questions into one thread. So instead of creating 4 threads

"Is Ed Thorp's ten count still valid"
"How about unbalanced Zen Count"
"Best counting methods for single and double deck"
"Best books for single and double deck"

How about just making one thread:
"Questions about pitch games"

Sonny

iCountNTrack said:
If possible instead of posting one sentence threads, please combine the questions into one thread. So instead of creating 4 threads

"Is Ed Thorp's ten count still valid"
"How about unbalanced Zen Count"
"Best counting methods for single and double deck"
"Best books for single and double deck"

How about just making one thread:
"Questions about pitch games"
I took the liberty of combining the threads. :)

-Sonny-

somtum

I don't play single or double deck often as it's not in my local area.. but if I did I'd probably go with an unbalanced zen count. The true count rapidly changes in SD and DD compared to 6D or 8D's. You won't have to calculate the true count with the unbalanced count.. so you'll make less mistakes and it'll get more money than using hi-lo.

Also..the pit really keeps a closer watch on SD and DD players watching for any sign of a counter.. it may help that you won't have to ever glance at the discard tray for true count calculations.

Last edited: