6 deck, S17, DAS, DA2,
8000 unit roll
8 deck, H17, DAS, DA2
6 deck, S17, DAS, DA2

4000 unit roll
6 deck, S17, DAS, DA2,
8 deck, H17, DAS, DA2

thanks in advance.
For the optimal bet spreads you'd also have to give us the specific counting system you use. It might not make too much of a difference, but it will if it's an unbalanced vs balanced system. Also I'm not sure if CVCX can simulate DA2 vs. no DA2 when calculating bet spreads.

bjcount

Meistro said:
2000 unit roll
6 deck, S17, DAS, DA2,
8000 unit roll
8 deck, H17, DAS, DA2
6 deck, S17, DAS, DA2

4000 unit roll
6 deck, S17, DAS, DA2,
8 deck, H17, DAS, DA2

thanks in advance.
Meistro,

If you are a black chip player, then you really should invest in some of Qfit's programs. At the very least CVCX to help you determine the best spreads based on the games you play, and then those you may run into in the future.

CVBJ will improve your playing performance given you put the time in to use all the drills, it's not just a BJ practice game.

They are both very user friendly and so is Norm :).

BJC

assume_R

more information please

Okay, what spread would you like the numbers for and what information would you like? What's the penetration, are you wonging, playing 2 hands, hands/hr, etc.?

For example, for a 1-10 spread, CVCX can tell you at what count to optimally bet certain number of units, and thus what your RoR, Win/Hr, SCORE, etc., etc. are.

So what specifically were you interested in, and what spreads would you like the numbers for? It can also tell you at what spread your minimum RoR is, etc.

I'd be glad to help you out, just need a bit more info.

Meistro

wow thanks :)

pen is pretty bad, between 65% and 80%. definitely will be wonging, both in and out. I am interested in maximizing win rate and minimizing ROR.

Mostly I am interested in knowing how much I should bet.

assume_R

Using HiLo w/ sweet 16 indices, 100 hands/hr:

Meistro said:
2000 unit roll
6 deck, S17, DAS, DA2,
  • Playall, 65% pen, 1-8 spread:
    bet 4 units @+1, 8 units @+2, win 1.04u/hr, 6.2% RoR
  • Playall, 65% pen, 1-12 spread:
    bet 4 units @+1, 10 units @+2, 12 units @+3, win 1.65u/hr, 7.3% RoR
  • Playall, 80% pen, 1-8 spread:
    bet 2 units @+1, 6 units@+2, 8 units @+3, win 1.58u/hr, 0.9% RoR
  • Playall, 80% pen, 1-12 spread:
    bet 3 units @+1, 6 units@+2, 10 units @+3, 12 units @+4, win 2.4u/hr, 1.3% RoR

For the rest please give me some specific inputs because you gave several different scenarios. For example, what exact spread and what counts will you be playing at? (i.e. wonging points?)

If you want, you can PM me so this thread doesn't become just a back and forth of different scenarios.

-AR

Meistro

"For the rest please give me some specific inputs because you gave several different scenarios. For example, what exact spread and what counts will you be playing at? (i.e. wonging points?)"

Mostly I will be wonging in at +1 or at 0 and wonging out at -1 or 0 (depending at where in the shoe I am). I am looking to spread much wider than 1-12 if possible. Generally I like spreading from 1 hand of 1 unit to 2 hands of 20 or more units; but I want to bet in a manner that will maximize br growth without an unduly large ROR. If that is not possible for the 2000 unit scenario it should be possible for the 4000 or larger, no?

assume_R

Meistro said:
Mostly I will be wonging in at +1 or at 0 and wonging out at -1 or 0 (depending at where in the shoe I am). I am looking to spread much wider than 1-12 if possible. Generally I like spreading from 1 hand of 1 unit to 2 hands of 20 or more units; but I want to bet in a manner that will maximize br growth without an unduly large ROR. If that is not possible for the 2000 unit scenario it should be possible for the 4000 or larger, no?
Watch out for heat with those 2x20 bets. What's an unduly large RoR to you? Here's what happens if you play at 75% penetration, and wong in/out at 0 (i.e. never play negative counts) and spread as follows (start at TC=0): 1x1, 2x2, 2x5, 2x8, 2x11, 2x15, 2x18, 2x20 (TC >= 7):

Win 5 units/hr, RoR = 2% with your 2000 unit bankroll (<0.01% RoR w/ a 4000 unit bankroll). If you can afford a 5% RoR and have no heat, you can spread all the way to 2x25units and your win/hr = 6 units, RoR = 4.3% (0.2% RoR w/ a 4000 unit BR)

Seriously, though, if you can spread that much with no heat then more power to you! I obviously can't speak for everybody, but I would assume most people here don't make 5-6 units per hour. Perhaps I'm wrong...

-AR

bjcount

Meistro said:
I bought CVDATA but the laptop on which it was installed has been stolen :(

The counting system is hi low.
I take it that you never had CVCX or CVData as you would have known that CVData doesn't generate optimum betting ramps. Betting at the level you claim to be at, black and purple, as suggested in prior posts, you should have known the answers to your questions, the opt. betting ramp, and the info that's required for assume_R to have run the sims, even though it sounds like he's given you info from canned sims.

Anyone betting black, purple, or orange and not knowing the optimum betting ramp, or all the variables your asking for info on, in the game their playing, should have their head examined. But that's only my opinion.

Good Cards to Ya,

BJC

Last edited:

Nynefingers

I agree with the others that it's well worth the money to buy CVCX if you are betting what they say you are betting. Even if you are betting red and looking at betting 2x20 units, you need CVCX. But aside from that, with my time playing with CVCX, I can say that you don't need to spread to 2x20 units if you are wonging. You won't take much of a hit by using a much smaller spread with a larger unit (same top bet). A lot of the benefit of a bigger spread in a play-all game is in making smaller minimum bets. That isn't a problem with wonging. Play a more conservative 1-4 or 1-6 spread with a bigger unit and you won't be leaving that much money on the table.