odds the dealer will bust at different counts

Bondy3

Hi,

I have been wondering what the odds that a dealer will bust depending on what his showing card is and what the True count is. I count using hi-lo,.

I looked for data on this but I couldnt find it, does anyone know were I can find data on this?

thanks
-Bondy3

iCountNTrack

Not particularly useful

The dealer bust rate is a number that is not useful whatsoever and that has been extensively used by phony people to promote garbage systems. but if you are really dying to know how the bust rate changes with True Count, i could tell you that it actually decreases as the true count increases. But again no worry about that.

Meistro

That is true as stated, but not true as an answer to his question. The chance of a dealer busting on a 5, for example, is greater at TC +3 than it is at TC 0.

iCountNTrack

Meistro said:
That is true as stated, but not true as an answer to his question. The chance of a dealer busting on a 5, for example, is greater at TC +3 than it is at TC 0.
That is called a hasty generalization,
If you re-read my post, i was clearly referring to the overall bust rate of the dealer. See for yourself, Courtesy of QFIT

Bondy3

thats good to know,

but I am mostly curious about the dealer bust rates for dealer 5 and 6 specifically.

thanks though :)

tribute

Bondy3 said:
thats good to know,

but I am mostly curious about the dealer bust rates for dealer 5 and 6 specifically.

thanks though :)

Without regard to the count, with a 5 or 6 up-card, dealer busts 3 out of 7, or 42.8 %.

Blue Efficacy

Of course the overall bust rate will go down because the dealer will get more face cards to make 20 or BJ.

However, if the dealer is showing a little card, would the chance of busting not go up for those situations? In my experience at super high counts when the dealer shows a 5 or 6 he is dead in the water more than half the time.