Halves 0.06% vs. HiLo 22% (vs. Zen?)

Hi all

I wonder if any of you could answer the following.

In the Halves chapter in Professional Blackjack, Wong says that Halves offers 0.06% against HiLo's 22%; the question is percentage what?

Now I think this is SD in estimating advantage but I'm not sure. What does this mean? I take it to mean that when Halves says the player has a 1.5% advantage over the house, it is pretty much bang on, however with HiLo there is a 22% swing either way from that figure (this is speculation by the way. Have I misread that 22% when it should really be 0.22% - this would tie it in with the given BC's).

Can anyone confirm?

Regards

ycming

Wasn't refering to the advantage but the Standard deviation of each count.

Halves has 0.06% SD and Hi-lo has 0.22% (not 22%).

This SD was referring the accuracy of each count in estimating the actual advantage a player has. Like in Hi-lo it doesn't consider 7/8/9 so we would never know how many is left. But the halves does.

Really tho, with this, I believe the crux of is knowing the winrate of each counting and that is done through simulation :).

Hope it makes sense!
Ming

bigplayer

Page 146 in Professional Blackjack

Wong is referring to the fact that both Halves and High-Low True Counts are both worth 0.56% each but that Halves is more accurate in it's estimation of advantage.

ycming

bigplayer said:
Wong is referring to the fact that both Halves and High-Low True Counts are both worth 0.56% each but that Halves is more accurate in it's estimation of advantage.
indeed, but he also mentioned that with the same playing conditions, halves will only earn $1/hours more.

Ming