Penetration in DD games

Bondy3

Ive played DD once and I got exactly 1/2 pen (+/- maybe 2 or 3 cards)

I know in a shoe game I generally want at least 4.5/6 or its not really worth playing, I did a search for DD penetration and alot of people talk about games with "good" penetration but no one actually said how much penetration is good

how much penetration do I want in a DD game for it to be worth playing?

daddybo

Bondy3 said:
Ive played DD once and I got exactly 1/2 pen (+/- maybe 2 or 3 cards)

I know in a shoe game I generally want at least 4.5/6 or its not really worth playing, I did a search for DD penetration and alot of people talk about games with "good" penetration but no one actually said how much penetration is good

how much penetration do I want in a DD game for it to be worth playing?
50% pen is not good in DD... (for standard counting) you want at least 60+% and if you look around you can probably find 70%..

FLASH1296

The game is not good - BUT it is playable if you can spread very aggressively, though that is not likely.

This is NOT true if the rules are as poor as is the penetration.

You want the dealer to Stand on Soft 17, and you want to be able to Double after a split, and to double on any 2 cards.

Resplit Aces are a nice extra, and of course (but very rare) Late Surrender is quite valuable.

BMDD

It's standard for the card rooms in my area to cut the double decks in half. If the cut card(assuming a cut card is used) is not set using a notch in the shoe or discard tray then try to find dealers that are a bit more generous with penetration. I would spread at least 1-8 for pen. 50-60%. Perhaps try betting 2-4 units off the top to ease the transition to your larger bets. This can make a larger spread look a little more natural and possibly help you get away with a 1-10 or 1-12 spread.

To really understand the importance of penetration purchace CVCX if you havn't already. QFIT.com has a package that contains CVBJ and CVCX, I would highly reccomend making the investment.