Next step to becoming more AP?

DeTalores

I've logged 106 hours using zen count, around expected value of 2.03 units per hour, I'd say I play 80% DD and 20% 6D.

What would you guys recommend as my next step to becoming more of an AP player?

My games are hand shuffled. So shuffle tracking is an option, but I'm not completely sure on how this works, or if I'd even be good at it.
I'm thinking about maybe learning Hi-Opt II for the DD game?

Anyway, any advice is welcome.

Deathclutch

If you already have Zen down there won't be a large amount of gain from using Hi Opt II, although I do prefer Hi Opt II over Zen. If your game is hand shuffled, invest in Arnold Snyder's Cookbook and see if you can get the basics of tracking down. If this can be applied to your game you will get a nice edge.

DeTalores

I've been interested in shuffle tracking.
But either a) i'm not looking in the right places(probably the case) or b) its an obscure subject.

What kind of advantages does shuffle tracking present to the player?
What is the basic idea behind it?

I also could use the cut card close to everytime at my game if I wanted to.

RJT

DeTalores said:
I've been interested in shuffle tracking.
But either a) i'm not looking in the right places(probably the case) or b) its an obscure subject.

What kind of advantages does shuffle tracking present to the player?
What is the basic idea behind it?

I also could use the cut card close to everytime at my game if I wanted to.

It's simply a more advanced form of counting, allowing you to know the location of individual cards, or where a packet of a certain type of card is. The advantage gained will vary greatly with the conditions you're presented with, but if you've got a game worth packet tracking you could probably call it twice the advantage that counting will give you.
Get a hold of Arnold Snyder's Shuffle Tracker's Cookbook'.

RJT.