The invention of a "fact"

QFIT

At CPAC today, a 14 year old kid claimed that Obama spent more in his first year than Bush spent in eight years. We can expect to see this nonsense replicated at 100 conservative web sites. We will then see people claim it must be true because it is on 100 sites. This is how "facts" are created these days.

Bojack1

QFIT said:
At CPAC today, a 14 year old kid claimed that Obama spent more in his first year than Bush spent in eight years. We can expect to see this nonsense replicated at 100 conservative web sites. We will then see people claim it must be true because it is on 100 sites. This is how "facts" are created these days.
Its actually how "facts" in history have always been created. Pop culture is usually the judge on how events are remembered. It reminds me of a special I saw on HBO called Assume The Position with actor comedian Robert Wahl. It was a simple somewhat entertaining look at events in history and what was actually true and what was remembered due to the pop culture bias. Basically never let truth get in the way of a good story.

blackchipjim

historical facts and fiction

I have always been amazed how facts are stated as such. I listen and read countless oppinions of the way history was only to find by another fact that it wasn't that way at all. We now have in history books the near recent history being rewritten to suit the people who teach it atitude written into it. I guess we will never know the truth about alot of things because people must rewrite it to suit there needs and wants.