HC question

fwb

I would really, really appreciate an experienced player's response to this...
What % of dealers in your experience are "good"? I'm just curious if my shift logs show I'm scouting well enough in today's scene. PM me if you'd like.

UK-21

fwb said:
I would really, really appreciate an experienced player's response to this...
What % of dealers in your experience are "good"? I'm just curious if my shift logs show I'm scouting well enough in today's scene. PM me if you'd like.
Good at what? Fast and efficient when playing alone, or "good" as in they deal at a comfortable speed for you and you're able to keep the RC perfectly? Or "good" as in they make lots of payout errors in the players' favour, or flash the hole card (not that that's an issue on this side of the pond)?

Or "good" in that they never take a day off sick and always arrive at work on time (duty manager's perspective).

Nothing in life's straightforward, is it? ;)

UK-21

Sorry, penny's just dropped . . . we don't have them here. Thought "HC" meant Happy Christmas although I wasn't quite sure what the relevance of that was. :laugh:

beating vegas

UK-21 said:
Good at what? Fast and efficient when playing alone, or "good" as in they deal at a comfortable speed for you and you're able to keep the RC perfectly? Or "good" as in they make lots of payout errors in the players' favour, or flash the hole card (not that that's an issue on this side of the pond)?

Or "good" in that they never take a day off sick and always arrive at work on time (duty manager's perspective).

Nothing in life's straightforward, is it? ;)
i find it good as long as i always get paid

Sucker

It goes in cycles. You might get periods where 5% of all dealers seem to be loaders. Then you might get a dry spell where you go a year or more when the frequency is less than one in a thousand. Ken Uston once estimated that the overall frequency was about one in two hundred. All in all, I would say that that's not a bad guess.

moo321

I've found maybe five on blackjack. About the same on carny games. So maybe one or two a year on each game. I don't go scouting, though, I just count.