Second hand I had 18
dealer pulls 19
Third hand I had 17
dealer pulls 18
Forth hand I had 16
dealer pulls 17
Glad I wasn't playing a progression!:joker::whip:

FLASH1296

I happened upon a dealer this week who dealt from 7 1.4 to 7 ½ of 8 decks.

On one occasion — it was going to be the last round dealt.

The True Count was bizarrely high.

Most of what was left was Faces and Aces.

I was dealt 11 and 10 and the dealer flipped up a 4.

I happily doubled, and received two f'ugly 2's !

I felt that I was still favored.

The dealer flipped a Face - and hit it with a 3 !

nottooshabby

Out in Las Vegas right now . . . happened to me just yesterday . . .
Juicy double deck game, max bet double 9 vs dealer 5, get an Ace . . . dealer flips over an Ace and pulls a 5!
Very next hand, still max bet, dealt a 6,4 vs dealer 7. Double and get a 10. Dealer flips over an 8 and pulls a 6!

. . . currently in one of the worst droughts in 2+ years

. . . good times, good times :rolleyes:

wwcd

nottooshabby said:
Out in Las Vegas right now . . . happened to me just yesterday . . .
Juicy double deck game, max bet double 9 vs dealer 5, get an Ace . . . dealer flips over an Ace and pulls a 5!
Very next hand, still max bet, dealt a 6,4 vs dealer 7. Double and get a 10. Dealer flips over an 8 and pulls a 6!

. . . currently in one of the worst droughts in 2+ years

. . . good times, good times :rolleyes:

I normally play $3 BS blackjack, but in one instance, after a couple rounds of small cards parade on the felt, I put $7 times two hands on the table for the fun of it.

I have 3-3 on one hand and 4-5 on the other. Dealer is showing a 3.

On the first hand I split, hit a 3, split again, hit another 3; so I end up with 4 hands.
On the first 3, I get a 7, then double and get another 7 for a 17.
On the second 3, I get an 8, double and get a face for 21!
On the third 3, I get 5 and 10 for 18.
On the last 3, I get an Ace, and a 6 for a 20.
So far, a pretty good situation to have against a dealer 3. And I have $42 on the hand.

On the second hand, I double and get a face on my 9, for a cool 19. So, right now I have a total of $56 on the table, which equates to more than 18 times my regular bet.

Dealer pulls a face underneath, at this time, I’m pretty sure that he’ll hit with another face for a bust after seeing so many small cards in the first rounds, as well as on the table. But no, he pulls the dreaded 8, and I lose $42, push $14.

On the second case, my first time playing blackjack in Vegas. I go sit down at a $10 table at Monte Carlo. I buy in, dealer starts to deal, and my first hand is an 8-8. Dealer has a 9 showing. I split, and get 3 on the first and 2 on the second. I double both and get some really stupid cards to end up with two stiffs. Of course dealer pulls a face underneath and boom, lost $40 on my first hand ever in Vegas.

moo321

Don't remember TC, but it was definitely double digits. Anyways, I had 3 hands of max bets out. Dealer has a four up. Split sevens, aces, and had several doubles after splitting, I believe 8 max bets on the table. Ten in the hole, and the damn seven comes out! Never get the monkey when you need it...

Pelerus

Huge high count, max bets out, I am dealt double blackjacks :grin: ...

but oh wait, dealer has a 10 up blackjack too. :cry:

NightStalker

worst hand i hate to see is:

dealer gets two aces on my max bets...
1) I'll lose one max bet in insurance
2) Then losing my stiffs.
3) Then Count will also go down

shadroch

I tried to come with a horror story, but honestly don't remember any.
I guess I've arrived at the point where I put the past aside as soon as it stops being the present. It just seems every horror story I can think of is one I read in a book or on-line.

pooptarts92

this isn't a horror story much but I was using HiLo and it was about true 14 near the end of the 4 deck shoe, i had 8 vs dealers 5. this is no hole card btw. I doubled of course and got a 4. now i'm thinking whatever the dealer has to break at this ridiculous count.
dealer pulls a 4, hitting 9, then pulls a 2, hitting 11, now i'm sweating, then a 3 for 14 then another 2 and finally a 6 for 22. Not a face on the table at true 14 haha. The shoe ended after that hand which made me cry a bit inside, all the good cards were far behind the cut card it seemed.

For my horror story I think it was about true 6, i got soft 18 against a 6 and doubled, pulled a 2 so i'm sitting pretty with my 20, dealer pulls a face and is hitting 16... next card? you pretty much know it's a 5 already. I was sick lol it was my first time losing a max bet double down so it hit me slightly hard that day but i'm used to that stuff about now.:laugh:

666 Mark of Evil

Dealer has 6 up
I am playing 2 spots; big bets, spl and dbls
dealer pulls 21, I lose all bets
Repeat the above scenario 2 more times in a row for a total of 3 hands in a row!:joker::whip:

Fast Eyes Cost $

The blackjack avenger places his bets over 2 hands. The dealer skips the first hand and deals to the second, before the dealer can deal the next card to the next player the blackjack avenger with lightning speed corrects the dealer so he has both hands in play. Can anyone guess the result? Dealer A under blackjack:joker::whip:

Playing two hands with my max personal bet out. Get a 19 one hand one and a 10 on hand two, which I double and get an 8. Dealer is sitting with an up 6. Guy beside me has 17, which he hits against the advice of dealer and table. Gets a ten. Dealer flips over a 6, sitting twelve, hits a 2, hits another 2, and then hits a five for a perfect 21. Needless to say not a good way to close out a day playing.

FLASH1296

I Flash1296 do hereby swear and depose that the following statement is true ...

This just happened.

I am playing in a 6 deck S17 RSA LS game.

The dealer is giving me a consistent 5.5+ decks !

I am using Hi-Opt II (worth mentioning in this context)

There is less than one deck remaining and I have a monster count !

My Ace Side-Count indicates that Ace density is spot-on normal.

That indicates a plethora of Faces remaining, but ‘normal‘ Aces.

I put out 5 blacks, my personal Max.

I get paired Aces and the dealer has a SIX (6) showing.

It don’t get much better than that, boys and girls !

I wind up with FOUR (4) ACES !

Each one finds a baby card to get slammed onto it.

If this was Spanish 21 I would have doubled all of them for a total of $4,000

With the count where it was, I figured that I had around a 46% chance of victory.

To add insult to injury … The dealer flips over an ACE.

HockeXpert

FLASH1296 said:

The dealer flips over an ACE.
Flash:

That doesn't add up to me. If the ace sc indicated ace density was normal and there was less than a deck remainign that would mean there would only be 4 or fewer aces remaining. Where did the fifth ace come from???:confused:

Can you tell us where this game is that has extra aces?:grin:

HockeXpert

FLASH1296

Normal was an approximation.

Part of the hilarity was that the dealer found the last ACE.

Had this been a H17 game my chances would have been better.

aslan

FLASH1296 said:
This just happened.

I am playing in a 6 deck S17 RSA LS game.

The dealer is giving me a consistent 5.5+ decks !

I am using Hi-Opt II (worth mentioning in this context)

That indicates a plethora of Faces remaining, but ‘normal‘ Aces.

I put out 5 blacks, my personal Max.

I get paired Aces and the dealer has a SIX (6) showing.

It don’t get much better than that, boys and girls !

Each one finds a baby card to get slammed onto it.

If this was Spanish 21 I would have doubled all of them for a total of $4,000

With the count where it was, I figured that I had around a 46% chance of victory.

To add insult to injury … The dealer flips over an ACE.
Classic (and sad)! Whoever is writing the book, Horrors of Blackjack, be sure to include this one.

HockeXpert

FLASH1296 said:
Part of the hilarity was that the dealer found the last ACE.
That's sad not hilarious. I'm glad you can laugh about it.

Unfortunately, Murphy's Law applies to AP BJ too and there is an N0 for any situation imaginable.:laugh: I have so many horror stories to post that I'm not sure Ken has enough storage space.

HockeXpert