Doubts on CVIndex

Hi,

I have just simulated my own indices for the game I play and I don't understand some numbers on the report.
What do the numbers under Double down/No double down/Difference mean? I guess it's something like win rate but I'm not sure.

Also, I would like to know if you think of interest to change the indices I learnt (http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/Zen_Count_Indices.htm) and learn these RA indices. Notice that the vast mayority of them are the same but there are some changes (1 up, 1 down...)

Thanks in advance.

QFIT

blace said:
Hi,

I have just simulated my own indices for the game I play and I don't understand some numbers on the report.
What do the numbers under Double down/No double down/Difference mean? I guess it's something like win rate but I'm not sure.

Also, I would like to know if you think of interest to change the indices I learnt (http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/Zen_Count_Indices.htm) and learn these RA indices. Notice that the vast mayority of them are the same but there are some changes (1 up, 1 down...)

Thanks in advance.
The numbers are EV for the two decisions. Basically, an index generator determines the EV for the two choices, and picks the best. (RA indexes are more complex.)

There are two reasons not to use RA indexes. 1. You have a monster bankroll. 2. You have already memorized indexes and don't wish to learn new ones. Other than that, there is no reason not to use them.

jack.jackson

it means NEVER

blace said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Take 8v7 for example, where in extreme cases theres a count high enough to justify doubling. But theres never a count high enough to justify DOUBLING 8v8 so NO DOUBLE-just hit!

OR take 55 for example, where it says NO split, therefore treat it, as a hard 10.

Ok, thank you. I will learn this new indexes ;) It looks like the difference between Expectation Maximizing and Risk-Averse Indexes is something like 0.00x in EV but I think any help is good.

I may try to simulate and get the SCORE for both games and see what's the "real" difference. :rolleyes:

Blace

assume_R

QFIT said:
The numbers are EV for the two decisions. Basically, an index generator determines the EV for the two choices, and picks the best. (RA indexes are more complex.)
qfit, in the composition dependent generator, why can't the user select soft double downs?

Also, a question on how cvindex works: Does cvindex randomly set up a shoe with the given count, play out the hand in question using both possibilities (double down vs. not double down), and then recreate a new random shoe (repeating millions of times for each count)?

Thanks.

QFIT

assume_R said:
qfit, in the composition dependent generator, why can't the user select soft double downs?
ALL SDD hands are CD.:) There really is no need to look at SDD hands of over two-cards.

assume_R said:
Also, a question on how cvindex works: Does cvindex randomly set up a shoe with the given count, play out the hand in question using both possibilities (double down vs. not double down), and then recreate a new random shoe (repeating millions of times for each count)?

Thanks.
Shoes are random, not created for certain counts. That doesn't work. It's a hybrid combinatorial analysis/simulation technique. I'll write it up someday.

assume_R

QFIT said:
ALL SDD hands are CD.:) There really is no need to look at SDD hands of over two-cards.
Thanks. I only asked about the CD because of the bonuses and I wanted to make sure I knew the correct soft dd indices for some of those games with bonuses ;)

QFIT said:
Shoes are random, not created for certain counts. That doesn't work. It's a hybrid combinatorial analysis/simulation technique. I'll write it up someday.
I'd love to read about how your software works, and I'm sure many others would as well.

assume_R

QFIT said:
There is a new chapter in the second edition of Modern Blackjack that describes several of the tricks in CVData. But, not the index generator.
Ah, I only read the first edition when you first put it online.

For the indices, I was trying to generate relative indices for Sp21, but was doubtful about the results. For example, my {5,8 vs 6} hit/stand index should be lower than my {6,7 suited vs 6} hit/stand index because of the 6,7,8 (suited) bonus, but they returned the same value...

QFIT

Yes, bonuses are not taken into account in the total-dependent strategies. As in Katarina's book. Makes no sense to do this as you should realize when a bonus is possible and go for it based on logic, while using indexes generated without taking into account bonuses for other hands.