Progressions and Card counting

Cass

Would using a progression system during positive shoes help avoid terrible sessions? Your minimum bet during a positive shoe would be 2 units. When you win you increase your bet by one or two units if the shoe remains positive. When you lose and the shoe is still positive you drop your bet to two units no matter what the count may be. That way if you lose about 8 positive expectation bets in a row you will minimize your losses. Does this seem viable? Or is it just reducing your ev overall because you arent betting in accordance to the TC.???

Mikeaber

That seems familiar to me in that it has already been addressed I think. I know that progressive betting with counting is sometimes used for "cover". Personally though, I would think that you would want to keep with the ramp on positive counts. To not do so, would seem to me a way to absolutely reduce your EV.

But I'll certainly defer to those more experienced than I. BTW...I hit a few of those shoes such as you describe. Sucks doesn't it!

Cass said:
Or is it just reducing your ev overall because you arent betting in accordance to the TC.???
Yes, overall it would reduce your bet amount during +counts and lower your EV while increasing variance. zg