Gamblers Jump in Theory

southAP

I was playing in Atlantic city a little after the new year and I was Wonging in and out of tables. I ended up wonging in at a table towards the end of my session and before i even placed a bet the woman to my right looks at me with distain. Ignoring her i placed my bet down the hand played and the dealer beat the whole table with a 21. I kept playing since the count had not changed, the same thing happened the second and then the third hand. Then finally the lady next to me snapped yelling "I hate you stupid amature players!! dont you know when you jump in the middle of a game the dealer always wins?!" Half shocked at the outburst i said "lady, you must be high, that has no logic to it at all". Then she goes on a verbal rampage telling me how she lost $800 and is trying to win it back and i'm keeping her from doing it. my reply to that was "thinking in the unrealistic way your thinking, how is me being here going to affect your 'bad luck' that you experienced all night?" There was no response to the question only the repetitive ensuing rampage. Lucky for me i noticed a pit boss that i had struck up a chat with my previous trip with, and he ended up asking her to move to another table.

Was utilizing the pit boss to get her off my back the right move or should i have just left the positive shoe? (which i thought wouldve been pretty stupid)

PierceNation

Haha people are idiots.

I remember a similiar thing happening with a chinese lady at my table who told me:

'you dont know how play cards, let me control box, you make everyone lose'

I think you made the right choice. I dont think I would have controlled my outrage as well as you!

Pierce.

southAP

tensplitter said:
Technically you are changing the "flow" of the cards, she played through more negative cards and you're taking the positive cards.
Well yea, if she was a counter then that would've been true, but she wasnt she was a pure gambler. Either that or she knows how to beat a deck flat betting and is pretty bold cover with keeping a cover as an angry compulsive gambler.

southAP

PierceNation said:
Haha people are idiots.

I remember a similiar thing happening with a chinese lady at my table who told me:

'you dont know how play cards, let me control box, you make everyone lose'

I think you made the right choice. I dont think I would have controlled my outrage as well as you!

Pierce.
I learned a lot in my quest to be an AP, one of the things was self control if it be the play, betting, when to leave and anger with the other players. But sometimes just sitting there and listening to the crap that comes out of people mouths is enough to let go of $5 just for the entertaiment haha. But no more than five :)

lady, you must be high

southAP said:
... i said "lady, you must be high, that has no logic to it at all"...
I'm cracking up right now. Great line, "you must be high".

Usually I ignore the stupid looks seen out of the corner of my eye. Act like I don't hear the mumbled comments, such as doubling when the count justifies it, " he double down over there, it screwed up the whole table." My blood does boil, but keep it cool. Most recently, in a calm way an asian guy sitting right next to me, decided to mentor and say how it disturbed the flow of cards when I sat out a few rounds on a negative count. Looked at him right in the eye, smirked a bit and said "please", gesturing are you for real?

Not sure how I would've responded to the annoying wench in your situation. May have been time I finally blew my stack? You handled it well. Don't let that annoyance keep you from playing in positive EV.

Getting off topic a bit, but was always wondering best lines to say when a ploppie says something foolish. Maybe start a new thread of creative things to say. I'm sure the topic has been posted in the past. Somewhere I read a good line, where the AP said, "if you don't like the way I play, feel free to leave, there are plenty of other tables."

southAP

Thanks for the input guys, I just got back from suncruz out of port richey last night. (had a good run btw) The one guy next to me played the entire time i did and he would not stop complaining about his dwindling stack of chips while constantly looking at my chips growing higher. Then the guy on the other side of him decided to split his 10s and the look on his face was like the other guy had just killed his kid. The guy splitting tens ended up with aces on top of both tens with a rc of 3 with 4 decks left. (back to the story) But Guy A who i originally had struck up a conversation with started freaking out so bad the ten splitter just got up and left with chips still in the betting circle. Thank the gambling gods i was on this dudes good side because with the indexes i played i could have easily been the guy getting freaked out on.

tensplitter

Assume there are 2 players at a table: A counter and an average ploppie. The counter wongs in at 0 and wongs out of all negative counts. The ploppie flat bets every hand. The counter would take half the "good" cards when he wongs in, and the ploppie would take only half the + cards and all of the - cards, playing at a greater disadvantage. If the counter spreads to multiple hands, the counter will get an even greater proportion of the + cards.

Sharky

hey south...been to the suncruz...small boat...not so good game...but you gotta love that hooters afterwards :laugh::whip:

southAP

Sharky said:
hey south...been to the suncruz...small boat...not so good game...but you gotta love that hooters afterwards :laugh::whip:
haha, indeed. Do you remember the shuffle on the boat? I noticed they only do a single pass, but (correct me if im wrong) it seems like it could be exploitable if shuffle tracking.

southAP

tensplitter said:
Assume there are 2 players at a table: A counter and an average ploppie. The counter wongs in at 0 and wongs out of all negative counts. The ploppie flat bets every hand. The counter would take half the "good" cards when he wongs in, and the ploppie would take only half the + cards and all of the - cards, playing at a greater disadvantage. If the counter spreads to multiple hands, the counter will get an even greater proportion of the + cards.
Yeah i didnt increase my hands by myself my wife matched my bets on the spot to my otherside, saying "the lady always brings the luck!!", which coincidentally it was. But the point i was making with the ten splitter, was that the count wasnt nearly high enough to justify splitting them.

SWFL Blackjack

southAP said:
I learned a lot in my quest to be an AP, one of the things was self control if it be the play, betting, when to leave and anger with the other players. But sometimes just sitting there and listening to the crap that comes out of people mouths is enough to let go of $5 just for the entertaiment haha. But no more than five :)
I'm pretty sure almost everybody has experienced situations like this in the past. I know I have been chewed to the point where I would slide right out of my chair when sitting. I try to avoid the the 2nd-3rd base area of the table for this very reason.

prankster

I remember one time when I was at third base. I get Ace/7 vs dealers' 10 upcard. I hit-guy at first base has a puppy when the dealer took a hit and beat the table. :laugh::flame::joker: