Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old February 11th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Executive Member

Default Next year

Now the question is------- will there be a 2011 season?
With the vast amount of money at stake, it seems inconceivable to me that there won't be a 2011 season even though things look dire at present.
What are the areas of disagreement between owners and players union and what do the rest of you think will happen?

BillyC1
Old February 11th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Executive Member

Default Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy C1 View Post
Now the question is------- will there be a 2011 season?
With the vast amount of money at stake, it seems inconceivable to me that there won't be a 2011 season even though things look dire at present.
What are the areas of disagreement between owners and players union and what do the rest of you think will happen?

BillyC1
Of course there will, they are a greedy bunch of gangstas and juicers!

The question is, how long will the worshiping spectators keep shelling out the money for vastly overpriced food and tickets and trinkits while the players and managment laugh all the way to the bank,,,,,?????

Whenever I see someone with a $100 NFL jersey on I think, what a sucker,,, and would he, she, actually knell before their
"Hero" playa if they ever met them in person?

CP
Old February 11th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
Of course there will, they are a greedy bunch of gangstas and juicers!

The question is, how long will the worshiping spectators keep shelling out the money for vastly overpriced food and tickets and trinkits while the players and managment laugh all the way to the bank,,,,,?????

Whenever I see someone with a $100 NFL jersey on I think, what a sucker,,, and would he, she, actually knell before their
"Hero" playa if they ever met them in person?

CP
When he or she bought that $100 NFL rip-off jersey, he or she DID kneel before their Hero player. What a joke.

I pull for my home team just because it is the home team but I have no illusions about what really motivates the millionaire players who make up the NFL. Give them a better deal and a loyal Redskin (not to offend) would don a Cowboy (our arch rival) uniform in a nanosecond. The teams are not regional for the most part, so why should the players be. But like I said, I am a fan because they just happen to be here, and not somewhere else. Heroes? I have a few for their performance on the field and without regard for their performance off the field. Give me a player who excels in both and ... I can't even finish this sentence, because I'm not sure there is such an animal. But if there were, or if there is, then I think that's good.

It had me wondering too, if some of those guys in the field could actually work themselves up to such a fever pitch without the use of some substance or other. I'm not making any charges, just couldn't help but wonder when some players seemed to be functioning at a level that reminded me of that old show, The Bionic Man. It just didn't seem human. But kudos to them, I think, if they can work themselves up into such a frenzy on the natural. I'm just one of those persons that is never surprised when a scandal happens over steroids or amphetamines or whatever the next scandal will be. What I do know for sure (to the extent that it is humanly possible) is that another scandal will come and go. Apparently, it's in the human genome.

Last edited by aslan; February 11th, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Pittsburgh was clearly better with 6 1/2 points, nothing less. Yes, if they played perfect, they would have won, but if they had played perfect (no turnovers and a two-minute drill), they wouldn't have needed any points!
I mean, if they played this game 100 times, pittsburgh would have won a lot more than 50% with the 3 points.

They didn't need to play a perfect game, in fact if you just take away the pick-6, they win outright, and if you take away the fumble, they probably win.
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Executive Member

Since everyone wants to play devil's advocate, here is my take..
While Pittsburgh seemed like the more talented team on the field in the sense that they were able to keep the game very close despite the 3 turnovers, keep in mind that Clay Matthews (arguably the Packer's best player..) was injured for most of the game.. In addition, I think GB had a couple of other injuries.
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Since everyone wants to play devil's advocate, here is my take..
While Pittsburgh seemed like the more talented team on the field in the sense that they were able to keep the game very close despite the 3 turnovers, keep in mind that Clay Matthews (arguably the Packer's best player..) was injured for most of the game.. In addition, I think GB had a couple of other injuries.
I heard GB had 15 on IR going into the game. That's a lot out of a roster of what, 55 players?
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
I mean, if they played this game 100 times, pittsburgh would have won a lot more than 50% with the 3 points.

They didn't need to play a perfect game, in fact if you just take away the pick-6, they win outright, and if you take away the fumble, they probably win.
Theoretically speaking, you mean.

What we saw was Pittsburgh's response to it's dire predicament, and it was good, but not good enough. Had they not been under such pressure, it is impossible to say how they would have played. The entire game may have been a fizzle like their last drive, or they may have played with the exact same intensity even though not under the gun, though I doubt it. I think all we can say is that the two teams were closely matched, and apparently the line makers saw something that Pittsburgh fans didn't, since they did get it right, only not by enough.
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Heroes? I have a few for their performance on the field and without regard for their performance off the field. Give me a player who excels in both and ... I can't even finish this sentence, because I'm not sure there is such an animal. But if there were, or if there is, then I think that's good.
I know of one, and one only. http://drewbrees.com/
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Executive Member

Default Many others

Quote:
Originally Posted by darco77 View Post
I know of one, and one only. http://drewbrees.com/
Actually, there are many other players that do a lot of commendable things for disadvantaged people.
Aaron Rodgers is just one of many in this group that hasn't received nearly the amount of attention because of being "lower profiled" players. That will almost certainly change for him as a result of winning the Super Bowl.
He's been a true class act and I believe that will continue in the future.

BillyC1