Spanish 21 in Las Vegas

MasterofNone

Just returned from LAS. Walked the strip from TI to the New York New York and only found Spanish 21 games at the Venetian and the Palazzo.

There was one table at each venue and the table at the Venetian opened at 11 a.m. and was a $15.00 table all day. The table at the Palazzo was 24 hour and varied from $10-15, but the Pit Boss was very accommodating when asked to lower it from $15 to 10 when I was playing solo.

The dealers and crew at the Palazzo were not too chatty but were friendly- in contrast to the Venetian- who were rude and arrogant at times. All games were standard rules but with H17. .

Also, the Pit Boss at TI stated they would have Spanish 21 back by Xmas.

Does anyone have any info on SP21 downtown?

Thx, MoG

johndoe

Did they get rid of the SP21 at Excalibur? As I recall they had better bonuses, which helps a bit. Still pretty lousy though, unless you're spreading wildly.

MasterofNone

21forme said:
All LV Sp21 games are lousy (except Fitzgeralds). H17 no redoubling. Don't play.
i have yet to find a table with re-doubling even at my locals who bend over backwards with comps, S17 to bring players in. is there a current updated listing somewhere for Spanish 21 games similar to the one the Wizard posts for BJ?

Thx

MasterofNone

johndoe said:
Did they get rid of the SP21 at Excalibur? As I recall they had better bonuses, which helps a bit. Still pretty lousy though, unless you're spreading wildly.
stopped checking at NYNY. sorry. will check out Excalibur in a few months tho when i return.

The cabbie on the way back to LAS told me to try the Orleans and Tuscany so I will check them also and advise.

MasterofNone

johndoe said:
it was reported in another thread the SP21 game at the Excalibur is now defunct.

johndoe

Automatic Monkey said:
It is. Too bad, that was a fun game. I played it once, and SP21 "regulars" from the East Coast recognized me.
It sure was a lot of fun. One of the tables was buried in a low-traffic area, and I played hours heads-up spreading $5-2x$250.

moo321

MasterofNone said:
it was reported in another thread the SP21 game at the Excalibur is now defunct.
I can confirm it as well. Dead and re-felted as another game.

Really no spanish 21 left in Vegas. Venetian has H17 8d with bad pen, same thing at Fitz downtown.

MasterofNone

moo321 said:
I can confirm it as well. Dead and re-felted as another game.

Really no spanish 21 left in Vegas. Venetian has H17 8d with bad pen, same thing at Fitz downtown.
penetration at the Palazzo was a little better than the Venetian but 8D-H17 also.

MasterofNone said:
penetration at the Palazzo was a little better than the Venetian but 8D-H17 also.
That kind of game is actually playable, if you have good pen and can get a big spread down. Get the count high enough and the difference between H17 and S17 is nil,

tensplitter

johndoe said:
It sure was a lot of fun. One of the tables was buried in a low-traffic area, and I played hours heads-up spreading $5-2x$250.
Wow, 1-100 spread! Probably couldn't do that in regular blackjack without getting kicked out. The best part of Spanish 21 counting is that you have an advantage at TC -2. If the TC gets to 0 (rarely) it's just like regular blackjack, but with all the player friendly rules. There's also much less heat since pit bosses think that you can't count in Spanish 21.

johndoe

tensplitter said:
Wow, 1-100 spread! Probably couldn't do that in regular blackjack without getting kicked out. The best part of Spanish 21 counting is that you have an advantage at TC -2. If the TC gets to 0 (rarely) it's just like regular blackjack, but with all the player friendly rules. There's also much less heat since pit bosses think that you can't count in Spanish 21.
The advantage frequencies in SP21 are more-or-less the same as BJ, so where the pivot point is doesn't really matter (it'll be TC=-2, 0, or even -4 depending on the system you're using and # decks).

However, remember that particular Sp21 game had pretty lousy rules, something like a 0.7% HE off the top.

It probably does have less heat, though these days I think many stores are noticing it a bit more.

johndoe said:
The advantage frequencies in SP21 are more-or-less the same as BJ, so where the pivot point is doesn't really matter (it'll be TC=-2, 0, or even -4 depending on the system you're using and # decks).

However, remember that particular Sp21 game had pretty lousy rules, something like a 0.7% HE off the top.

It probably does have less heat, though these days I think many stores are noticing it a bit more.
The Excalibur game wasn't so bad with the special bonuses, around 0.5% if you played it right. And the pen was good when I saw it.

At SP21, the only thing that makes me nervous about cover is the demographics, something I can do nothing about.