How to play 15 vs. 10

Hi Blackjack fans,

I've just had a discussion with a friend of mine concerning the play 15 v.10, assuming HiLo counting and using Schlesinger's 'catch 22'. He claimed: Always hit if the count is negative. Surrender only if the count is between 0 and 3, stand if the count is 4 or above. But here is the way i play: My first option is to surrender except the count is negative, then i will hit. If i can't surrender (with 3 or more cards) I will hit if the count is 3 or below and stand if the count is 4 or above.
Who is right?

Greetings
turing

MasterofNone

how much you have on the table plays a part in the decision-at least to me it does. with a neg count i am prob flat betting so a hit and bust isnt going to kill me. with a pos count i am prob spread out so i might be a little more timid about risk so i would prob surrender.

the experts seem to prefer a hit vs a surrender because your reward is 4 units vs. 1 if the dealer busts or you draw a winning hand. of course after all this drama and decision making it never fails how many times you draw an A for a 16 only to have to decide all over again!

HockeXpert

turing said:
Hi Blackjack fans,

I've just had a discussion with a friend of mine concerning the play 15 v.10, assuming HiLo counting and using Schlesinger's 'catch 22'. He claimed: Always hit if the count is negative. Surrender only if the count is between 0 and 3, stand if the count is 4 or above. But here is the way i play: My first option is to surrender except the count is negative, then i will hit. If i can't surrender (with 3 or more cards) I will hit if the count is 3 or below and stand if the count is 4 or above.
Who is right?

Greetings
turing
Both you and Don (Schlesinger) are correct. The only difference I see is that you specified that you hit 3+ card 15's. It is preferable to surrender when count is between 0-3 but if multi-card surrender is no available, you hit it.

HockeXpert

HockeXpert

MasterofNone said:
the experts seem to prefer a hit vs a surrender because your reward is 4 units vs. 1
That's news to me. What "experts" perfer to hit vs surrender on 15 v X in slightly + TC's?