Betting Strategies: Is Max Rubin Insane Or Is It Just Me?

I've just finished Max Rubin's Master Blackjack DVD and I'm stuck on one topic: betting strategies. According to Max we determine our bet size w/ the one-half method using the Kelly Criterion, so with an advantage of 1.0% I would bet 0.5% of my bankroll and increase/decrease bets w/ every 0.5% advantage/disadvantage. I understand this perfectly. With a $10,000 bankroll and an advantage of 1.0%, 2.0% and 3.0% my bets would be $50, $100 and $150. But later in the video he goes on to discuss "advanced" betting strategies. This is where I get confused. I've been taught that my base unit is my bankroll divided by 500. So in the case of $10,000 being my bankroll my base unit is $20 and this is the "advanced" betting strategy Max lays out:

True Count_ Amount To Bet_
+1 or less Base Unit
+2 or +3 2x Base Unit
+4 or +5 3x Base Unit
+6 or +7 4x Base Unit
+8 or more 5x Base Unit

Which is contradictive to his previous method using the Kelly Criterion where w/ every true count of +1 the player gains .5% advantage and w/ a .5% advantage I would bet .25% of my bankroll $10,000 being my bankroll, my bet is $25, however using his "advanced" betting strategy my bet would be $20. THe contradictions go on and on. Someone please explain. Also, if you find time I'm curious as to the importance of deck penetration specifically on a 6deck shoe and how it effects my bet spread/strategy. Thanx for posting

Eureka!

I've got it. With growing impatience and a habit of restlessness I drove myself to stay up reading threads all night until I found my answer in a link someone provided. That link was of Semyon Dukach's Advanced Card Counting Techniques on YouTube.

He explains the Optimal Bet = (TC-Offset) Unit

Offset accounts for human error and the house advantage. Giving half a percent to each.

So there you have it! Simple as pie!