Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com


Go Back   Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com > Land Based Casinos > Western US

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 29th, 2010, 01:56 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default I have plans to drive up to Portland for Xmas and New Years. We are coming up from

the SF Bay Area. Does anyone know of any casinos just off I5 in Oregon? Thx.
  #2  
Old November 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM
prankster prankster is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 550
Default La Center Washington Just North of Portland!

Hi-
If you go just a little further north you'll find some good games. If you take I-5 north to exit 16 in Washington State you'll be getting off at the La Center exit. There are 2 casinos right across the road from one another. Each casino is divided so to speak, into 2 parts-as by state law casinos have to be closed at least 4 hours per day.
So-you have Chips Casino/Palace Casino and Last Frontier/New Phoenix. Good Cards!
  #3  
Old November 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
Hi-
If you go just a little further north you'll find some good games. If you take I-5 north to exit 16 in Washington State you'll be getting off at the La Center exit. There are 2 casinos right across the road from one another. Each casino is divided so to speak, into 2 parts-as by state law casinos have to be closed at least 4 hours per day.
So-you have Chips Casino/Palace Casino and Last Frontier/New Phoenix. Good Cards!
Once I get to Portland I am going to make a trip up there. How's the heat in those places?
  #4  
Old November 30th, 2010, 08:37 PM
prankster prankster is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 550
Default

I've only been there a few times-the last time maybe a year ago. I didn't notice any real heat-though at one point while betting $5.00 a hand and going to 2x$100 they took a look at me.(big surprise!)
  #5  
Old November 30th, 2010, 08:42 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
I've only been there a few times-the last time maybe a year ago. I didn't notice any real heat-though at one point while betting $5.00 a hand and going to 2x$100 they took a look at me.(big surprise!)
Sounds good. I'm a redchipper anyways.
  #6  
Old November 30th, 2010, 09:16 PM
prankster prankster is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 550
Default

Good luck!
  #7  
Old November 30th, 2010, 11:13 PM
#cruncher #cruncher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJLFS View Post
Once I get to Portland I am going to make a trip up there. How's the heat in those places?
When you drive into La Center from I-5, the store on the left side of the road is the sweatier of the two. They watch closely from the eye, but you should be fine for a while spreading red on their 6D. If you plan to camp out on 2D, be prepared to bring the camo. As for the place on the right, dealer tokes can go a long ways. Watch your speed going into La Center...and don't forget your rain jacket.

You can hit a few more places if you care to take the scenic drive back down the coast. The games are nothing special, but playable IMO. Enjoy your trip.
  #8  
Old December 25th, 2010, 01:56 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

I'm going in on Monday! Watch my back.......
  #9  
Old December 27th, 2010, 10:30 PM
prankster prankster is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 550
Default

Go get 'em!
  #10  
Old December 28th, 2010, 02:15 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
Go get 'em!
I only played for a half hour or so. Won a total of $40. The variance was going negative so I left.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC