Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com


Go Back   Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com > Land Based Casinos > Western US

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old December 31st, 2010, 12:06 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Went back up again yesterday but this time to the New Phoenix. Made $75 and they comped me a lunch. Anyways I went to the $3 table and varied my bets.

Get this! They actually charged for alcoholic beverages! There is some law about not giving away alcohol.

There was this one ploppy there who was trying to tell people how to play, etc. I almost strangled him. He actually asked another player then me not to hit on certain hands!

Anyways, things generally went well!

P.S. They have early surrender.
  #12  
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:52 PM
The Chaperone The Chaperone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 350
Default

Most states don't allow for comped alcoholic beverages.
  #13  
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:44 PM
prankster prankster is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJLFS View Post
Went back up again yesterday but this time to the New Phoenix. Made $75 and they comped me a lunch. Anyways I went to the $3 table and varied my bets.

Get this! They actually charged for alcoholic beverages! There is some law about not giving away alcohol.

There was this one ploppy there who was trying to tell people how to play, etc. I almost strangled him. He actually asked another player then me not to hit on certain hands!

Anyways, things generally went well!

P.S. They have early surrender.
Do you mean late surrender?
  #14  
Old January 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
Do you mean late surrender?
Maybe I got the terms confused.
  #15  
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:09 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Anyways, we're going up over Xmas and New Years again. So one place we have to stop at is Seven Feathers. Of course go to La Center. Are there any other places along the way? TIA.
  #16  
Old December 1st, 2011, 03:48 PM
EmeraldCityBJ EmeraldCityBJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJLFS View Post
Anyways, we're going up over Xmas and New Years again. So one place we have to stop at is Seven Feathers. Of course go to La Center. Are there any other places along the way? TIA.
If you must visit 7F, make it the last stop on your trip. There is a high probability you'll get backed off, and then flyered to several other places you'll probably want to visit on your trip.

The flyering practice is rampant in Oregon, and this place is among the worst.
  #17  
Old December 1st, 2011, 03:51 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityBJ View Post
If you must visit 7F, make it the last stop on your trip. There is a high probability you'll get backed off, and then flyered to several other places you'll probably want to visit on your trip.

The flyering practice is rampant in Oregon, and this place is among the worst.
Thanks.
  #18  
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:23 PM
ascension ascension is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mars hotel
Posts: 29
Default

never hurd of the flyer thing and how does that work if you don't have a player's card? i certainly don't see them taking people to the backroom for a mugshot, it just doesn't seem like that high profile of a place imo

Last edited by ascension; December 1st, 2011 at 06:32 PM.
  #19  
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
CasinoExaminer CasinoExaminer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Default

I stayed at Seven Feathers for the night on my way home to SF from Portland. Nice hotel and friendly staff. Alcohol was not served on the casino floor. Ordering my beer and drinking was allowed only in the bar and not to be taken out. The casino employees' break room access was through the bar. The pit bosses nodded to me while slugging down beers in between sessions in the casino. I would order bottled water leaving the bar and shoot some craps before hitting the blackjack tables. Pit bosses from the craps pit told the blackjack pit that I was a craps player. Perfect cover for card counting. When the count went negative, I headed for the bar to down another beer and repeat. Wound up winning over 1K spreading $5-$100 with no heat. Fun Time!
  #20  
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:53 PM
BJLFS BJLFS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasinoExaminer View Post
I stayed at Seven Feathers for the night on my way home to SF from Portland. Nice hotel and friendly staff. Alcohol was not served on the casino floor. Ordering my beer and drinking was allowed only in the bar and not to be taken out. The casino employees' break room access was through the bar. The pit bosses nodded to me while slugging down beers in between sessions in the casino. I would order bottled water leaving the bar and shoot some craps before hitting the blackjack tables. Pit bosses from the craps pit told the blackjack pit that I was a craps player. Perfect cover for card counting. When the count went negative, I headed for the bar to down another beer and repeat. Wound up winning over 1K spreading $5-$100 with no heat. Fun Time!
Good man!

On Edit:

Check your PM in a minute.

Last edited by BJLFS; December 1st, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC