SCORE vs penetration

Thunder

I've heard from some newbies lately questioning whether penetration is more important than score or vice versa. I thought I'd post this so everyone can see it. SCORE is a measure of how good the game is. Penetration is important but not as important as the SCORE. That is why even though an 8 deck game with 1 deck cut off has better penetration than a 6 deck game with 1 deck cut off, the 6 deck game is the better one to play. A good game is one where you have a score of over 25. (It's sad but 25-35 is about the best we east coasters can hope for) If anyone else wants to chime in, go for it.

iCountNTrack

SCORE is a standardized comparison combining risk and expectation. SCORE is a function of all of the following

number of decks, penetration, house rules, playing strategy, betting strategy

So it is possible to have lousy penetration yet a large SCORE because of excellent rules (ES, 2:1 BJ payout...), or a low SCORE with large penetration because you are using 12 decks or horrible betting strategy. For that matter SCORE would be more important because it factors in all the variables to tell you how juicy is the game.