Mohegan Sun

Albee

There was some posts before about this place having surrender and even money on blackjacks.

I was there today and found the following. I was playing, so it is actual.

When I wanted to surrender and said.....hey, you guys have surrender here, right? Dealer.....only if you ask for it. Me....????what do you mean. Dealer...we have surrender but are told not to offer it or advertise it. If you want it, please tell us.

Even money......got a blackjack and he asked if anyone wanted insurance. When I asked if I could get even money, he said yes, but you have to ask for it. Me...??? what do you mean?? Dealer.....we will give even money if you ask for it, but we will not offer it. It's not policy to offer it, but we pay even money if you ask.

On the positive side.....they have smoking and non-smoking pits. And the pen is pretty damn good.....dealer dependent...but 1 1/4 to 1 1/2.

BookerPA

Albree, very familiar with MS, ten mins for me. That's been their policy with regard to insurance since the table games opened in July, something to do with security, seeing money on the table.

Be wary of the payouts because the dealers are very inexperienced. Example, friend of mine and I were partners; he was playing but I was calling the play. He had a BJ and he took insurance before I could say anything. $100 bet, $50 insurance. The dealer had a BJ and says to him, "We're even" and offers no further payment, just the $150 that's on the table from my partner.

I intervene and tell her she owes him another $100. Both the dealer and two other players at the table tell me I'm wrong, and that she has been handling the insurance this way for six months.

At this point, I motioned for the PB and explained the situation to him; everything was still on the table, and of course, he tells the dealer to pay another $100.

A few days later I saw the same dealer in the HL area and again she repeated the same wrong payment process. Amazingly, none of the players caught this.

pieinthesky

MS pen

Albee said:
There was some posts before about this place having surrender and even money on blackjacks.

I was there today and found the following. I was playing, so it is actual.

When I wanted to surrender and said.....hey, you guys have surrender here, right? Dealer.....only if you ask for it. Me....????what do you mean. Dealer...we have surrender but are told not to offer it or advertise it. If you want it, please tell us.

Even money......got a blackjack and he asked if anyone wanted insurance. When I asked if I could get even money, he said yes, but you have to ask for it. Me...??? what do you mean?? Dealer.....we will give even money if you ask for it, but we will not offer it. It's not policy to offer it, but we pay even money if you ask.

On the positive side.....they have smoking and non-smoking pits. And the pen is pretty damn good.....dealer dependent...but 1 1/4 to 1 1/2.
Albee, your report on penetration at MS is based on a very atypical experience. While the pen you report does occur, it is a rarity; average in my extensive experience is about 1-3/4 decks and 2 or more is not at all unheard of.

Albee

BookerPA said:
Albree, very familiar with MS, ten mins for me. That's been their policy with regard to insurance since the table games opened in July, something to do with security, seeing money on the table.

Be wary of the payouts because the dealers are very inexperienced. Example, friend of mine and I were partners; he was playing but I was calling the play. He had a BJ and he took insurance before I could say anything. $100 bet, $50 insurance. The dealer had a BJ and says to him, "We're even" and offers no further payment, just the $150 that's on the table from my partner.

I intervene and tell her she owes him another $100. Both the dealer and two other players at the table tell me I'm wrong, and that she has been handling the insurance this way for six months.

At this point, I motioned for the PB and explained the situation to him; everything was still on the table, and of course, he tells the dealer to pay another $100.

A few days later I saw the same dealer in the HL area and again she repeated the same wrong payment process. Amazingly, none of the players caught this.

When I had a blackjack and the dealer had an ace up......I asked if he could pay me even money. Again, I would have to ask for it. He never mentioned having to insure my blackjack. But......I imagine the place knows most folks will believe they 'have to do it' this way cause that is what their told. And they know most people are happy with keeping their money on a blackjack push. I wonder how much they make a day off this scam??