Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #1  
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:41 PM
alwayssplitaces alwayssplitaces is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 567
Default Video Blackjack = Rip Off

I observed someone playing blackjack on a multi-game slot machine. Noticed they got dealt a blackjack and saw that they got paid even money. Then I noticed there was no option to double down or split. They had to hit a pair of aces. The rules said that the dealer hits soft 17, it's 8 decks and it's shuffled every hand. Quite possibly the worst blackjack game I ever saw, which shouldn't even be called blackjack. They were betting a quarter a hand.

I would estimate a 10% house edge. This is outright robbery. One could lose less per hour playing at a full $25 table than at this one armed bandit.
  #2  
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:49 PM
bjcardcounter bjcardcounter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayssplitaces View Post
I observed someone playing blackjack on a multi-game slot machine. Noticed they got dealt a blackjack and saw that they got paid even money. Then I noticed there was no option to double down or split. They had to hit a pair of aces. The rules said that the dealer hits soft 17, it's 8 decks and it's shuffled every hand. Quite possibly the worst blackjack game I ever saw, which shouldn't even be called blackjack. They were betting a quarter a hand.

I would estimate a 10% house edge. This is outright robbery. One could lose less per hour playing at a full $25 table than at this one armed bandit.
Not only 10% house edge, add the cost advantage of not maintaining dealer, no shuffles, faster hands and what not. It is a rip -off. And do not tell me that you see ploppies sitting on these too all the time
  #3  
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:13 AM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

I've never seen a game offered with those options. Most allow splitting and some doubling. not all are shuffled after every hand either.
Some of these games are pretty decent, especially if you attack them with free play.
  #4  
Old December 10th, 2010, 07:31 AM
tensplitter tensplitter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 277
Default

It was at Ballys AC at one of those multiple game VP machines. I know not all video blackjack machines are that bad. There are some which are S17 DOA DAS 6D at $5 which shuffle every hand.
  #5  
Old December 10th, 2010, 07:38 AM
kewljason's Avatar
kewljason kewljason is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,564
Default

The casino's offering a game tht is a ripoff? and HET no less? wow! That just doesn't sound right to me.
  #6  
Old December 10th, 2010, 01:18 PM
assume_R assume_R is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewljason View Post
The casino's offering a game tht is a ripoff? and HET no less? wow! That just doesn't sound right to me.
FYI it's now called CET (Caesars) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesars...nt_Corporation
  #7  
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:23 PM
mwmb's Avatar
mwmb mwmb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 33
Default

that video blackjack sounds so so bad. I think slot machines have better odds then that . I found a video blackjack with 4 decks, 50% pen. 3:2, doa, s17, and some other things. min $1 max $150.
  #8  
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Blue Efficacy Blue Efficacy is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tundra
Posts: 1,493
Default

A local store has a VBJ game that REQUIRES you put 1/2 of your bet on the royal match side bet
  #9  
Old December 12th, 2010, 12:25 AM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Efficacy View Post
A local store has a VBJ game that REQUIRES you put 1/2 of your bet on the royal match side bet
About what i'd expect for the Tundra.
  #10  
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM
alwayssplitaces alwayssplitaces is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmb View Post
that video blackjack sounds so so bad. I think slot machines have better odds then that . I found a video blackjack with 4 decks, 50% pen. 3:2, doa, s17, and some other things. min $1 max $150.
Wow, that's a nice beatable game even with only 50% pen. You can spread 1-150 and get no heat since it's a machine. I wish I found a machine like that since I would sit at it all day long.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC