the case of the exposed 10

Meistro

someone didn't want to hit or something like that, anyway we know the next card is going to be a 10. I have 6, and the plopster to my left has 12 and 16. Dealer is showing a face. I wave and he signals for a hit. I explain to him the next card will be a 10 and he will bust, and that if the dealer has a small card he is sure to bust. I figure a 5/13 chance of winning is probably better than drawing on 16 since I'd gladly surrender the hand if it was an option, but what I left out of my explanation was that I was really hoping the dealer would stand pat and I could talk seat one into letting me slide table max < his bet under his bet. The pit boss is telling me to leave him alone but finally someone else at the table chimes in the idiot catches on and decides to wave too. Dealer did in fact have a small card underneath and we won, but I would've way preferred a 10% edge on a table max bet... next time!

alwayssplitaces said:
The advantage to steer a ten to the dealer is 30% on every hand, less than the cost of busting some hands intentionally to get the 10 to the dealer
30% adv, how do u get it, can explain in mathematics?
if the dlr's hole card is always a 10, player play basic stgy all the times,
what is the adv?

Blue Efficacy

jnrwilliam said:
30% adv, how do u get it, can explain in mathematics?
if the dlr's hole card is always a 10, player play basic stgy all the times,
what is the adv?
It's quite simple, if you steer the ten to the dealer, the dealer automatically loses if their initial cards total 12-16. A soft 12-16 automatically becomes hard. This more than makes up for when the initial cards total 7-11.