Starting to wonder

pogostick

::I'm starting to wonder if CC is worth it in my span of playing time. Dealing out of a 6 deck shoe with nearly 2 deck penetration cut out, just is not giving me much advantage even using red 7 . Played for 2 hrs each session is about all I can stand . I stayed about even , cashing in $50 to &100 winning each session. The count never got in my favor enough to matter one way or the other. I stayed with 2 hands at $10 each & up $15 on the winning H . I won! not because of CC ,but just used BS & money management . Just want to say YES! one can win in the short term using only BS . DICE!! for the love of GOD why do I still love that game. Took my puny winnings over to the crap table & lost it in 10 minutes . WHY , WHY ? I did win some of it back before checking out. Wife hit a $5500 jack pot on the penny machine. I told her not to play those dam things LOL POGO:laugh::laugh:

Shoofly

pogostick said:
::Dealing out of a 6 deck shoe with nearly 2 deck penetration cut out, just is not giving me much advantage even using red 7 .
I agree that cutting 2 decks out of a 6 deck shoe is awful. How far are you from a place that would give you better penetration?

Southpaw

pogostick said:
::I'm starting to wonder if CC is worth it in my span of playing time. Dealing out of a 6 deck shoe with nearly 2 deck penetration cut out, just is not giving me much advantage even using red 7 . Played for 2 hrs each session is about all I can stand . I stayed about even , cashing in $50 to &100 winning each session. The count never got in my favor enough to matter one way or the other. I stayed with 2 hands at $10 each & up $15 on the winning H . I won! not because of CC ,but just used BS & money management . Just want to say YES! one can win in the short term using only BS . DICE!! for the love of GOD why do I still love that game. Took my puny winnings over to the crap table & lost it in 10 minutes . WHY , WHY ? I did win some of it back before checking out. Wife hit a $5500 jack pot on the penny machine. I told her not to play those dam things LOL POGO:laugh::laugh:
I wouldn't ever play a 4/6 game, and the place I play at has very liberal rules. Keep in mind that in a 4.5/6 game you'll make about double what you'd make in a 4/6. And in a 5/6, you'll make 4x as much as in a 4/6 game. And in a 5.5/6 game, you'll make 7-8x what you make in the 4/6 game.

4/6 really is crap ($10-15 per 100 rounds off a 10k bankroll at full kelly, using Hi-Lo, play-all and spreading 1-16). But even this does not compare to how crappy craps, and God forbid penny slots are ...

SP

21gunsalute

pogostick said:
Sure you can win in the short term using only BS (just like you can win $5500 on a penny machine), but you're more likely to lose. And what are you basing this on? It sounds like you just took up counting, had 2 winning sessions and dismissed the counting factor altogether. Your advantage may have been small, but you won...and then threw it away on a game of chance. Keep at it and try to find better pen.

Pogo

pogostick said:
Pogo,

It is a tough road, especially with those conditions. You are not too far off in your thinking. You really need a fine game,,,or just do it as entertainment.

Also, it ain't easy and in reality is rather complex, doing all the AP stuff, maybe REAL complex,,you have not scratched the surface, but most have not;)

My Best,
CP

sagefr0g

wonder no more.....sim the game

pogostick said:
i'm assuming you haven't ran a simulation for this game. just my guess, you'd expect to make less than the $37 or so dollar per hour you made over your two sessions.
but anyway a sim would help clear up the wondering about the worthiness of the proposed venture.

pogostick

pogostick said:
POGO is going back Of course> Having some good luck in BJ, Not enough to brag about ,but a win is a win. Of course I am staying with counting & if I have to lower the + C before I make the move $10 to $25 , I will do it> Think I will count 4 decks leaving the 2 cut deck neutral using red 7 starting min 16 6d shoe. Will that give me any advantage! I don't know. If this does not work,then I am just going to use BS .

21gunsalute

pogostick said:
POGO is going back Of course> Having some good luck in BJ, Not enough to brag about ,but a win is a win. Of course I am staying with counting & if I have to lower the + C before I make the move $10 to $25 , I will do it> Think I will count 4 decks leaving the 2 cut deck neutral using red 7 starting min 16 6d shoe. Will that give me any advantage! I don't know. If this does not work,then I am just going to use BS .
Why not just use Hi-Lo?

pogostick

21gunsalute said:
Sure you can win in the short term using only BS (just like you can win $5500 on a penny machine), but you're more likely to lose. And what are you basing this on? It sounds like you just took up counting, had 2 winning sessions and dismissed the counting factor altogether. Your advantage may have been small, but you won...and then threw it away on a game of chance. Keep at it and try to find better pen.
Thank's > I was saying the count & penetration never happened > The few times that it did all I heard was (Shuffle. Maybe I should just wong it out. That's all I was doing anyway. ( GREAT COMPS)

pogostick

sagefr0g said:
i'm assuming you haven't ran a simulation for this game. just my guess, you'd expect to make less than the $37 or so dollar per hour you made over your two sessions.
but anyway a sim would help clear up the wondering about the worthiness of the proposed venture.
Could you do that for me?