Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old March 21st, 2011, 08:42 AM
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to FLASH1296 Send a message via AIM to FLASH1296

The vipers in Oz have set it up so that admittance to the better games is by
membership card only, so that all they need do, to "back you off" is to revoke
your card.

The game is barely marginal. Only so if they are dealing 5 of 6 decks or better.
And the heat down under is too hot to tolerate in any case.

There are Asian games that are much better (severely understated),
though that requires lengthy expensive air travel.

Australia is a vast wasteland when it comes to our beloved Blackjack;
which is ironic, as excluding Asians, you M8's are the world's most habitual gamblers.
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Executive Member

Default World's dumbest gamblers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH1296 View Post

The vipers in Oz have set it up so that admittance to the better games is by
membership card only, so that all they need do, to "back you off" is to revoke
your card.

The game is barely marginal. Only so if they are dealing 5 of 6 decks or better.
And the heat down under is too hot to tolerate in any case.

There are Asian games that are much better (severely understated),
though that requires lengthy expensive air travel.

Australia is a vast wasteland when it comes to our beloved Blackjack;
which is ironic, as excluding Asians, you M8's are the world's most habitual gamblers.
... and the world's stupidest. Here's why, Flash. Australia has the world's highest per capita rate for pokies (slots). We average around $30 week loss per person, counting men women and children in the stats. The yearly losses on slots is $8B... not bad for a population of only 21M. The social dislocation caused by these losses is tragic. State governments have joined the bonanza and continue to reap the windfall, as does the 'entertainment' and slots 'industry.' The 'easy money' must one day have a bill to pay. Karma.

The bastards have the machines set on 14% HE. Aussie gamblers collectively are too stupid to understand (or even care) what this means.

As for BJ, the average Dick here plays CSMs. Enough said.

Last edited by Katweezel; March 21st, 2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: My last one dollar coin got stuck in the slot
Old March 21st, 2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
... and the world's stupidest. Here's why, Flash. Australia has the world's highest per capita rate for pokies (slots). We average around $30 week loss per person, counting men women and children in the stats. The yearly losses on slots is $8B... not bad for a population of only 21M. The social dislocation caused by these losses is tragic. State governments have joined the bonanza and continue to reap the windfall, as does the 'entertainment' and slots 'industry.' The 'easy money' must one day have a bill to pay. Karma.

The bastards have the machines set on 14% HE. Aussie gamblers collectively are too stupid to understand (or even care) what this means.

As for BJ, the average Dick here plays CSMs. Enough said.
Furthermore Katz, the average dick here allows themselves to play BJ for $15 a hand on an 8 deck, H17, 6:5 game! The tables are packed out on weekends. They need competition.
Old May 13th, 2011, 01:32 AM

I can't believe how quickly it went down hill. In 2009 I was still finding $5 min $500max tables that were 6 deck with 5.5 cut in and you could wong all you wanted without the table getting packed.

Then for some reason it really got busy and you couldn't wong anymore because you could never get a seat. It didn't use to be so bad because most people would be playing basic strat so you could safely back bet them.

But now it seems there has been a mass increase in players and the skill is appauling. Because of the demand the price went up to $10 and now most tables are $15. I don't believe there are any shoe games below $50 left in goldcoast.

There is still $10 shoe games in the city in a side room on the lower floor. But only on fri/sat night. I found that the brisbane does 12hour shifts for dealers and they make ridiculous mistakes. I was making 3-4 units per hour just on mistakes in the early hours of sunday morning.

Last edited by dacium; May 13th, 2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old December 4th, 2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacium View Post
I can't believe how quickly it went down hill. In 2009 I was still finding $5 min $500max tables that were 6 deck with 5.5 cut in and you could wong all you wanted without the table getting packed.

Then for some reason it really got busy and you couldn't wong anymore because you could never get a seat. It didn't use to be so bad because most people would be playing basic strat so you could safely back bet them.

But now it seems there has been a mass increase in players and the skill is appauling. Because of the demand the price went up to $10 and now most tables are $15. I don't believe there are any shoe games below $50 left in goldcoast.

There is still $10 shoe games in the city in a side room on the lower floor. But only on fri/sat night. I found that the brisbane does 12hour shifts for dealers and they make ridiculous mistakes. I was making 3-4 units per hour just on mistakes in the early hours of sunday morning.
You can get a shoe game sat night on the gold coast, when its busy. Two $10-500 tables are going by 9, you prolly won't get a seat but spare box's are still open, makes it easy to wong in and out.

Thanks for the Brisbane info
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyd View Post
You can get a shoe game sat night on the gold coast, when its busy. Two $10-500 tables are going by 9, you prolly won't get a seat but spare box's are still open, makes it easy to wong in and out.

Thanks for the Brisbane info
How's the heat?