Evil on my mind.

pogostick

I know another players action should not matter, but in this case it cost me a bundle. I was playing 2 hands at $50 each & was doing fair , up a couple hundred. Only one guy & myself playing. He held third base & was making some stupid plays ,but not as stupid as this one. First hand I had pair 8s .split another 8 split again ,ended up nothing over 15 on all hands .second 8 hit get a 5 ,stay Second spot ,had a pair 4s . split ,dealer gives me a 6 , doubled down dealer gives me a 5 >(15) stay. second hand dealer gives me 6, db down get another 6 (16) all hands is going to be determined by the dealer breaking with his 6 up. Third base player has 14 ,takes a hit >10 bust! deal turns 8 (14) & 7 (21). Walked away

Gamblor

This shouldn't bother you in the least. Next 2 cards could just as likely been 7 then 10.

Same thing happened to me recently, I was spread to 2 hands, was betting 3 units, with splits and double down had 5 x 3 unit bet. Dealer had a 3 upcard, dumb ploppie decides to split tens, receives 2 10s. Then dealer flips over a 10, and gets the 8 for a 21. Was annoyed I lost, but kind of happy that the ploppie lost too :)

Didn't bother me in the least. What did bother me about the ploppie was she would take like 5 agonizing minutes on deciding to whether to split 10s, or hit on hard 17. Now that made me walk away.

kewljason

pogostick said:
I know another players action should not matter, but in this case it cost me a bundle. I was playing 2 hands at $50 each & was doing fair , up a couple hundred. Only one guy & myself playing. He held third base & was making some stupid plays ,but not as stupid as this one. First hand I had pair 8s .split another 8 split again ,ended up nothing over 15 on all hands .second 8 hit get a 5 ,stay Second spot ,had a pair 4s . split ,dealer gives me a 6 , doubled down dealer gives me a 5 >(15) stay. second hand dealer gives me 6, db down get another 6 (16) all hands is going to be determined by the dealer breaking with his 6 up. Third base player has 14 ,takes a hit >10 bust! deal turns 8 (14) & 7 (21). Walked away
Yeah, you tend to remember these types of situations. But the times the nitwit next to you hits his 14 vs the dealer 6 and draws a 5, which with the dealers down card of 10 would have given him a 21, but instead he busts, don't linger as long in your mind. (selective memory...:laugh:) If you try to always focus on the long term, these incidents become less bothersome. :rolleyes:

If you play enough you will see everything under the sun though. I have seen a dealers first 6 cards be an ace (no, it wasn't single deck...:laugh:). I had an 18 and it was a S17 game so I was actually hoping he pulled a seventh ace. No such luck. He drew a 3. :laugh: Another time the dealer had a 9 card 19 consisting of all aces, 2's and 3's. I had a 20, so I was fine with that one. :)

Canceler

Beat me to it...

Gamblor said:
Next 2 cards could just as likely been 7 then 10.
Shoot, that’s the point I was going to make! :p
Would we have then seen a thread called, “Lucky ploppy saves me a bundle!” Probably not.

The Chaperone

This is nothing. I once was playing 3x500 at some $500 max place and had a ploppy wong into 3rd base and bet 5 bucks. I ended up splitting and doubling all over the place and ended up with 5k on the felt. He hit hard 17 vs. 4 taking the 'bust card' and the dealer drew to 21. Then he got up and left.

I've also had a young ploppy girl repeatedly hitting stiffs vs. small cards betting table min and 'saved' me hand after hand after hand for an entire shoe. I'm fairly certain she had no idea how much I was betting (I think it was a $1k max game, but I was betting multiple spots of heavy black).

Anyways, as everyone else already pointed out, just forget about it. You will see a lot of crazy stuff over the years.

pogostick

kewljason said:
Yeah, you tend to remember these types of situations. But the times the nitwit next to you hits his 14 vs the dealer 6 and draws a 5, which with the dealers down card of 10 would have given him a 21, but instead he busts, don't linger as long in your mind. (selective memory...:laugh:) If you try to always focus on the long term, these incidents become less bothersome. :rolleyes:

If you play enough you will see everything under the sun though. I have seen a dealers first 6 cards be an ace (no, it wasn't single deck...:laugh:). I had an 18 and it was a S17 game so I was actually hoping he pulled a seventh ace. No such luck. He drew a 3. :laugh: Another time the dealer had a 9 card 19 consisting of all aces, 2's and 3's. I had a 20, so I was fine with that one. :)
The count was in high enough to be in favor of dealer bust & it felt like slow motion when the guy held his hand up & come down with a loud HIT ME! LOL , yes I do remember bad plays saving me & I just wanted to get this off my chest.