Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old March 29th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Executive Member

Default So sad...

I will probably have to stop my most profitable AP venture (sportsbetting in baseball) as my wonderful book that was even better than Pinnacle in some respects (Matchbook) is no longer accepting US players. Their lines instead of being the typical dime lines or worse were virtually juiceless and enabled me to make huge profits as all I had to do was basically pick over 50% winners with a point spread to come out ahead. Alas all good things I guess come to an end but for those of you who aren't US players, I suggest you use them to make a killing in this upcoming baseball season.
Old March 29th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Executive Member

What about betfair ?
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Executive Member

What lind of point spread are you referring to?I thought baseball betting was done on odds, not spreads.
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I will probably have to stop my most profitable AP venture (sportsbetting in baseball) as my wonderful book that was even better than Pinnacle in some respects (Matchbook) is no longer accepting US players. Their lines instead of being the typical dime lines or worse were virtually juiceless and enabled me to make huge profits as all I had to do was basically pick over 50% winners with a point spread to come out ahead. Alas all good things I guess come to an end but for those of you who aren't US players, I suggest you use them to make a killing in this upcoming baseball season.
Why don't you set up a non-US presence?
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
What lind of point spread are you referring to?I thought baseball betting was done on odds, not spreads.
It is, but I was just giving an example
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
Why don't you set up a non-US presence?
Not sure how I'd do that since surely they'd track the ip address and see that it's coming from the US. In addition, it will be interesting to see if the liquidity will drop tremendously making it hard to get bets matched. Sort of like buying a lot of shares in a small float penny stock.

Last edited by Thunder; March 29th, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoJ View Post
What about betfair ?
Doesn't take US customers
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:18 PM

Default Thunder

I take it you were shorting overpriced lines into ploppies/fans? I used to have an account with tradesports, before they closed shop. There's much more money to be made in sports when you have the ability to sell. Too bad all these exchanges bar US players.
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Doesn't take US customers
I guess you need a small studio condo out of the US-- Windsor, Canada; Bahamas; and many other places not far from the US. I wonder then if you could operate a PC there remotely from the US; I'm sure this is possible. Have your foreign mail automatically forwarded to your US home address. Ha ha! Always scheming.
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to HockeXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
I guess you need a small studio condo out of the US-- Windsor, Canada; Bahamas; and many other places not far from the US. I wonder then if you could operate a PC there remotely from the US; I'm sure this is possible. Have your foreign mail automatically forwarded to your US home address. Ha ha! Always scheming.
You are onto something. Using remote access you could access a friend's computer residing outside the US to access your "foreign" account!