Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Go Back   Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com > Welcome to the BlackjackInfo Forums > Site Announcements

Old October 26th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Thanks a lot - the offer is much appreciated!
Old October 27th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Executive Member

Default Is there a Green Chip forum within the Green Chip forum?

Ok - I took advantage of this free offer. Over the last couple of years I have been lead to believe that this Green Chip forum was a place where all of the top BJ experts meet to discuss all of the newest "top secret" strategies. That's why they've always required a "paid" membership.

I've just spent the last 4 hours perusing the Green Chip topics, and I seem to find very little that even REFERS to sensitive information. Only one question; where an OP asked about card counting on a One2Six CSM. The response: "We no longer discuss these things here". The forum doesn't even HAVE an "advanced strategies" category.

The majority of the posts were for the most part - drivel; things like "How much drinking is too much?" or "I had a prostitute snuggle up to me at the table".

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a "secret" area in the Green Chip area where only the more trusted members have access? So far, this "free" membership has not lead me to believe that when it runs out, I'm going to be very interested in continuing it via a "paid" membership

Last edited by Sucker; October 27th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Executive Member

To be perfectly honest, I think the majority of the value to be made from GC is from perusing the archives using the search feature. Posts go back over a decade, and many prolific players have contributed at one time or another, often with valuable or at least historical interesting content (that may be helpful to observant and clever players).

To be clear, I intend no offense to Al, just as I mean no offense to Ken when I say that the major utility of this site is the same. Many of what I would consider to be the most valuable posts on this forum date back several years and will require the search function and some rudimentary Internet Detective skills to locate.

That said, I check both sites with regularity and have no plans on discontinuing my GC membership, despite the fact that I'm not very active on that forum. I also suspect that many members make their membership fees many times over not in valuable information posted directly on the forum but rather in the form of EV gained by networking and sharing information privately with other players on the site.
Old October 27th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Sucker, definitely try digging through the older posts as Lonesome Gambler suggested; there's more than few gems to be found. I also agree that part of the value is driven by networking with other serious APs.
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Executive Member

Personally I didn't find much there that isn't already here.
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookets View Post
Sucker, definitely try digging through the older posts as Lonesome Gambler suggested; there's more than few gems to be found.
Dig through the old sh*t Sucker, its like style coming back around!

BTW Wookets, if you really like digging through old BJ archives, don't forget that BJINFO also has the archves of CardCounter.com going back to 2000. And then there are the newsgroups that are increasingly easy to search, going back 25 years --
google groups search: shuffle tracking

Last edited by zengrifter; October 30th, 2011 at 02:48 AM.